• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
manga suggestions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inuyashachic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know of a excellent website to purchase manga novels by box sets. i'm really looking for some stories. greatly appreciated
Dranxis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Box sets are pretty rare for manga, and usually they're store-exclusive deals, like how the Inu-Yasha demon box set is exclusive to Borders. You're more likely to find them at Borders and Waldenbooks than online. It depends on the series though.

So basically, barnesandnoble.com, borders.com, amazon.com, and other large-chain bookstore sites are your best bet.
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I generally don't see many boxsets. If you can read Japanese, Sasuga Books Has a larger selection.
Tanuki-sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
As mentioned you don't really see many "box-sets" for manga. However, on E-bay there are plenty of people selling entire sets of manga for moderate prices. (It's a bit of a hassle though.)
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Tanuki-sama wrote:
As mentioned you don't really see many "box-sets" for manga. However, on E-bay there are plenty of people selling entire sets of manga for moderate prices. (It's a bit of a hassle though.)
Careful though, you don't want to end up with the manga on a CD, which are scanlations. Usually if it's in a book form i's fine, since I haven't seen any bootleg books yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1