• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sound Decision - Singles: Mika Nakashima, Hitomi, Berryz Kobou

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Viyuuden makes me really happy. >_> Rika's never had a strong voice, but both Erika and Yui have good vocals to support her. It's really neat to hear that their song'll be used for an anime. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:39 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
Hmm...I guess I could be wrong, but the chorus is so distinctive that I'm almost certain I've heard it before.

Welcome to J-pop!
Himemiya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote
Anything Hello! Project is more likely to be liked by the people that ALREADY like them than... well, anyone else. Some of Hello! Project's stuff really great, some of it no one but their fans will like. It's kind of it's own little world, there's no use in comparing it to other radio songs.

A lot of Hello! Project's theme is "everyday girls turn into superstars". And with a lot of idols, singing is secondary. Have you heard Bob Sapp's single? x.x

(Hello! Project is the "label" that Morning Musume is in. It's also Aya Matsuura, Maki Goto, MiniMoni, ect ect.)
Erufu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I love #3 on Mika's CD. Anybody know where I can see the entire music video they have for it? (*note that when you click to it directly it won't show it but if you bring the listing up for another song and then click on it it will play)
holl.e.rama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
aisasami wrote:

The only thing I enjoy about Ajisai Ai Ai Monogatari was the dance. But, the girls vocals have improved somewhat (though Erika's Ai no Bakaryou = teh win!). But then again, I am just a sucker into fast pace, danceable songs....

Really, I thought the dance of Ajisai Ai Ai Monogatari was some pretty bad choreography for H!P.
Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteruu You Know?, isn't that bad for a group of 13-year-olds, though Special Generation was better.
blackjack22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:45 am Reply with quote
JMays wrote:
It's an American song from the early 90s, I think. Used to hear it all the time on the radio.

The chorus may sound familiar, but like has already been said, this song is merely a continuation to mika's hit ballad "yuki no hana", using the same characters, but with a slightly more depressing turn in the story. I'm sure this song is 100% original though, because it was written by the same team of writers of Satomi on words and arranged by Matsumoto Ryouki, who created Yuki no Hana, and was meant to be a continuation which updated the story of the couple from that song. It was made exclusively for mika's 3rd album MUSIC which came out this March. The song was only rereleased as a single and announced about a month later, because it was to be used as the theme song to the Square-Enix game Drag-on Dragoon 2, or Drakengard 2 in the US. Thus, there is the original "album version" of the song included on the single. So would it be possible to change your mentioning of the song as a "cover" in the review? As a huge fan of mika's music, it was kind of insulting for it to be called merely a cover.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Okay, if I'm wrong about "Hitori" being a cover, I'll give the single another write-up because that song is brilliant, absolutely timeless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2