• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Vixens

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Who would you say is the best anime vixen? I think she is.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Not an anime character. Not from an anime. Not even from anything JAPANESE.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Ok, you fail.

First off she's not an anime character, she's a video game character. Second she's from an American video game, not a Japanese video game.

Why even make a topic like this if you don't even know the character you're supporting?

Emerje

(Dang, wordiness takes its toll...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
She's still a Vixen

Last edited by ShinobiX on Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Cause she's based on an anime character and there's not just JAPANESE anime. Ask the board to delete it if you don't like it. What about this anime character? Rosette Christopher :

Last edited by ShinobiX on Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
Cause she's based on an anime character and there's not just JAPANESE anime. Ask the board to delete it if you don't like it.

You're new to anime aren't you? She's from the American video game Bloodrayne, she isn't based on anything relating to anime. And yes, there is only Japanese anime, everything else is animation in the anime "style".

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
Cause she's based on an anime character

Um...no?

ShinobiX wrote:
and there's not just JAPANESE anime.

If you want to get extremely technical, then the Japanese use the term "anime" to indicate all forms of animation, regardless of nationality. HOWEVER, the simplest and most common definition of "anime" used internationally is "animation produced in Japan." To go by this common definition, then yes, there is only Japanese anime, because "anime" describes strictly Japanese animation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
msi435

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:08 am Reply with quote
Can you tell me one good reason why you are pointing out anime "vixens"? The forums have reached a new low.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:19 am Reply with quote
Wow, irony is funny. I just bashed the "Video Game Vixens" award in a topic here just a minute and here it is again. Video game world, yes. Lum from Urusei Yatsura still has my vote,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:47 am Reply with quote
This hasn't been locked yet?
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:36 am Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
This hasn't been locked yet?

The forums seem to be inaundated with posts of ignorance, I'm sure they'll catch up to the reports eventually.

Now if the original poster wanted to make this a viable thread, they might actually post a picture of an ANIME vixen of some sort and state why she's the poster's favorite.

Oddly enough, I thought of a video Vlad Pohnert did a couple of years ago when I saw the thread title.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quote
To keep this thread on-topic for the time being before anarchy ensues....

The top one for me has to be Motoko Kusanagi from GitS.

The fact that she is a lethal fighting cyborg inside such a pretty frame is nothing to sneeze at. Coupled with her amazing ability near-perfect analyse a situation and able to think on her feet is a extra plus.

JAPANESE Video-Game Wise....tough choice. While I like Darkstalkers Felicia and Morrigan (due to their Supernatural bent) and FFX's Lulu (Her maturity is what got me....and her outfit) i'd have to go for another catgirl....

The FFXI Mithras. Laughing

Second would have to be Rikku from FFX-2. FFX showed her serious side; FFX-2 showed her playful side more.

Of course, nothing beats the Race Queens of the JGTC:

Thought two other race queens are close:

Aokage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:28 am Reply with quote
Not to burst your bubble Haiseikoh, but you are aware that the woman from R4:Ridge Racer Type 4, is actually modeled after one of the male members of the Namco staff? Consider "her" to be like the Mona Lisa (a self portrait of DeVincci, with female features). Anyways, I don't believe in fawning over animated characters. I have no issues with recognizing that a character is illustrated in an attractive fashion, but I won't acknowledge anybody as being hot or something like that. It seems rather silly in the least. At the worst, it is a level of nerdom that I do not desire to traverse.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Aokage wrote:
Not to burst your bubble Haiseikoh, but you are aware that the woman from R4:Ridge Racer Type 4, is actually modeled after one of the male members of the Namco staff? Consider "her" to be like the Mona Lisa (a self portrait of DeVincci, with female features).

Yeah, I know. But then again, I watch Hentai, so it's no biggie.

Plus my GF is into that kinda stuff (Anime, Video Games, and Cars), so i'm lucky. Laughing
msi435

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:

Plus my GF is into that kinda stuff (Anime, Video Games, and Cars), so i'm lucky. Laughing

You are so lucky Crying or Very sad .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2