• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Malcum in the middle anime shots

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyoKun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quote
at the start of the FOX show "Malcum in the Middle" They show an character with purple hair, and another guy on a skate board, does nay one know what these are from?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quote
Hmm been wondering this myself don't know from what anime they come from that's if they are anime.
Fazz89x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:35 am Reply with quote
I think they're from an anime called Nazca.
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
Yup, it's Nazca. I've watched that anime myself.
msi435

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
Wow, I have subliminally asked my self that question every time I have seen the opening for Malcolm in the Middle, I never got a chance to put it into words. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Isaaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote
Malcolm in the Middle- brilliant show. But Nazca: Is it worth watching? I never seen it.
msi435

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
Malcolm in the Middle- brilliant show. But Nazca: Is it worth watching? I never seen it.

I don't know the ratings don't look too good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I remember that, when the show originally came out, there was a rumour that the writers were going to make Nazca Malcolm's favourite TV show, but, if there was ever any truth to that, the writers abandoned that idea as I don't think Nazca, or any other anime, has ever been mentioned in the dialogue (certainly not the way they fit in specific anime references occasionally in Everwood), and, in any event, it's not like Nazca ever made any major ripples within the anime fandom niche. They just keep the short clips from Nazca in the opening since it fits in with the general cheesiness of the clips from other sources (wrestling and a monster movie of some sort).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:

The animation and character designs are iffy, their attempts at CGI are the worst I've ever seen (Equally bad as that one scene out of Storm Riders..), and the english dumnb is downright awful...but the plot and character development is actually likeable. It's a short series, only 12 or 13 episodes long, so I think I'll go ahead and try to get my hands on a copy of the 3rd tape/dvd. Yeah, I bought this stuff on vhs...man, it's been a while.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:51 am Reply with quote
You don't see much anime about Incans.
mitora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote
KyoKun wrote:
at the start of the FOX show "Malcom in the Middle" They show an character with purple hair, and another guy on a skate board, does any one know what these are from?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

I've been wondering about that for years...Anime smile

Oh and I love your name KyoKun.Anime smile
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Whoa. Indeed, I have acctually been stumped by this for the longest time. I just never bothered to remember to ask.

As a slight request, do you or someone think you could edit the title of the thread to the correct spelling? It just hurts my eyes to see it spelled like that. >.>

Sorry that sounds extremely picky.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aoi_Sekai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Finally I know what anime it is Anime smile
Thank you, thank you , thank you.....

I've been thinkin about this for ages, but never got to askin anyone, just kinda slipped my mind during the 2-3yrs I've been watchin it, and yeah this show is great!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1