• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece opening...?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterJIN

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I would like to know any and all the info about the opeing song for one piece on adult swim...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
totalgeek

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:44 am Reply with quote
Technically, it is on Toonami. But, I would like to know more about the opening theme, too. Heck, I tune in just so I can hear the opening! There's something about that quasi-rap song that really sticks in your head. Very Happy
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote
They actually were going to use a dubbed over version of the first opening theme for the dub originally. They showed it at a convention a while back. At the last minute they decided to do a rap one instead without telling anyone. I really can't stand the rap one but it gets stuck in my head from time to time. I was pretty excited when I first heard the original one they were going to use.
Laruto

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quote
Doesn't the guy who raps for the One Piece intro rap for the DBGT intro as well?
Shamrock

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:55 am Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
Technically, it is on Toonami. But, I would like to know more about the opening theme, too. Heck, I tune in just so I can hear the opening! There's something about that quasi-rap song that really sticks in your head. Very Happy

Yes, I totally agree with you! There's just something about it. It's so......so....fun....and.......happy. Anyway, I just like it.
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:16 pm Reply with quote
The theme song sucks. I mute it and blare Dropkick Murphys' Black Velvet Band or Good Rats whenever the show starts. They're good drinking songs; and pirates love to drink -- making the songs fit for the show.
Proman

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Have to agree with omnistry. The song blows. This has to be one of the worst americanized openings ever.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Proman wrote:
Have to agree with omnistry. The song blows. This has to be one of the worst americanized openings ever.

Hell yes! The japanese openings are so much better. Listen to those instead.
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
takkunthecat wrote:
I HATE WHAT 4KIDZ HAS DONE TO THE OPENING OF ONE PIECE AND THE CHARACTERS VOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but:

Yeah, you hit that key and clean the 1 key out. It looks like it gets stuck when press the Shift key.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
takkunthecat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
um i ment to put it in caps lock you dimwit!
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
takkunthecat wrote:
um i ment to put it in caps lock you dimwit!

Wow, if I can understand what you just said, I might be upset. Hmmm, *Reads it, use a translater, have a couple college boys look it over.* Ahhh. Using all caps is rude. TALKING THIZ MAKEZ ME LOOK LIKE A JERK!!!!!!!! The use is use of Z for an S is just plain silly. But seeing how your post is no longer there, who cares? Maybe your singing dog. :p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1