• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shojo Beat Preview Issue

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eelozano

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:36 am Reply with quote
First I really do hope that this doesn't violate any forum rules or anything. If so feel free to move/delete it and send me a PM if possible (so I won't be confused Smile ).

Basically I am wanting to get my hands on a copy of the Shojo Beat Preview issue. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to ship it to me.

I would compensate for the shipping gladly (and fully).

I hope that monetary compensation for the physical preview issue itself is not necessary, but if it is the only way one would be willing to part with the Preview issue then I am willing to offer a small monetary compensation in addition to the shipping.

I am most interested in an un-damaged copy.

Basically I have subscribed to Shojo Beat and I generally like to have complete sets of things. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thank You,

Enrique
eelozano

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:50 am Reply with quote
I can assume this means no?

Or its not out yet (I thought it came out with this months Jump though).
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Shojo Beat Preview (2005-04-24 15:04:45)
As previously reported, Viz has released an issue 0 / preview issue of Shojo Beat. The preview issue has been seen at stores supplied by Diamond Distributros, as well as Suncoast. It includes previews of Crimson Hero, Kaze Hikaru, Baby & Me, Godchild, NANA and Absolute Boyfriend. Also included are a brief introduction to Shoujo (Shojo 101) and a short J-Pop column.

It's FREE, go search your suncoast or comicbook store. YeS, F-R-E-E.

Why waste your money on a free preview issue...it's just not worth it, unless you're some kind of shojo freak that got to have it all. Basically, they're just preview.

Also it didn't come with Shonen JUMP becauese of the age difference.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Chill, darkhunter. I think this person means that Shoujo beat isn't avialable where they live, and they want someone here to pick up a copy for them. However I've personally been trying to get my hands on one too. ^_^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Eh, if you really can't get one, I'd just wait till the actual Shojo Beat comes out. It's only preview chapters and maybe a couple of introductory articles, but nothing that isn't going to be in the actual serialization. All the chapters in the preview are going to re-appear in the actual Shojo Beat. Rather than pay for S&H (which will end up being almost as much as the cover price anyway), I'd just wait till issue one comes out.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Haru to Ashura wrote:
Chill, darkhunter. I think this person means that Shoujo beat isn't avialable where they live, and they want someone here to pick up a copy for them. However I've personally been trying to get my hands on one too. Anime smile;

Chill O-U-T, Haru to Ashura, just because I don't use happy faces and a more direct apprach doesn't mean i'm stressing/angry about anything. I guess being "direct" is offensive to some people unless I use some kind of emoticons.

Read the original post also. If SB wasn't available to the person, than he/she wouldn't be able to subscribe to it already. SB is offer in the U.S. and Canada.

2nd. the person said that he/she wishes to get the "complete" collection, that mean issue 0 too, but it's just preview and not that vital unless.....

darkhunter wrote:
you're some kind of shojo freak that got to have it all.

But if the original poster want it so badly, just paypal me 20 buck (gas/time/packaging/shipping), and I'll go out to Kino and ship it.

Last edited by darkhunter on Tue May 24, 2005 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
eelozano

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I wanted it for 'collection' purposes. Thats why I'm willing to pay for shipping and such.

I have a subscription to ShojoBeat bought and paid for Smile
Usagi04

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:30 am Reply with quote
I'll be getting ShoujoBeat in place of my Animerica since it's taking it's place when the subscription is over.
eelozano

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:37 am Reply with quote
I heard that Animerica (or was it Animerica Extra) basically turned into a Shojo magazine anyway.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Usagi04 wrote:
I'll be getting ShoujoBeat in place of my Animerica since it's taking it's place when the subscription is over.

Incase you missed it, there is a shojo beat topic to keep all the discussion under 1 thread.
eelozano

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote
The topic has nothing to do with Shojo Beat as a magazine though. It deals with me trying to get a preview issue shipped to me Smile

The subsequent discussion may have veered, but its all in good fun. I don't think we encroached on your other topic Wink
IvoryBirch

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:

Read the original post also. If SB wasn't available to the person, than he/she wouldn't be able to subscribe to it already. SB is offer in the U.S. and Canada.

Hmm, but I think what Haru is trying to say is that the preview issue probably isn't available to eelozano. Not every town has Suncoast stores or comicbook outlets, and even if they do, it's not guaranteed that the stores will have the Shojo Beat preview issue in stock. So, while eelozano could search any store that might possibly have the issue, it's much less of a hassle to find it online.

Of course, this may not be the case at all. I suppose I'm just venting a little for not being able to find the preview issue myself (while I don't live in a particularly small town or anything, seeing a horse and buggy is nothing out of the norm). Personally, unless I somehow stumble upon a free issue, I would only buy the issue given that it's really cheap (there were some being sold on ebay for 15 dollars or so, and the penny-pincher in me clammed up). Sure, it would be nice to have it so I could advertise God Child some more to my friends (I've shown them Japanese goods and given them explanations, but they seem to think I'm making the story up, which I often tend to do, so having proof in English would be slightly more effective), but it won't kill me to wait until the first issue, as I've already subscribed to the magazine.
eelozano

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Yes I have no access to a Suncoast or Comic Book store. I'm sure there is one somewhere in this college town...I've just never been to it. I was placing my bets on someone being subscribed to Shonen Jump in my area (so I posted up on my collges message board, but nobody is subscribed...or nobody wants to admit it Smile ). That has failed so I have decided to search the internet community.

It really surprises me that nobody has a copy that they are willing to part with Smile
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
The problem is that it was suppose to ship with Shonen Jump but there was an age differences (mention above). SJ cater to a younger audience. Therefore, people who went out to comic book store or suncoast, actually want it.

The point is that it's a free preview item, I'm wondering why spend money on it when it's likely going to the gutter after the first issue arrive.
Use yahoo's local yellow pages, hit up comic book or anime store, or go to the upcoming converntion if you must have it.

But if you must get it, then I guess there's ebay. It's 15 buck + 6 dollar shipping (more than the subscription price for 12 issue)...all for 60 page of preview that will likely be cover in issue 1? And hey if you can't find it at your comic shop, it's likely some greedy Jackalope that pick up every free issue so he can sell it on ebay.
eelozano

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Why get a 1st edition copy of The Catcher in the Rye when you can get a mass market paperback.

Collecting purposes.

I realize 100% that everything on the preview issue will be on the 1st issue. Please realize that I know this. I've said it a few times I think, but its not quite getting across Smile.

Now why do people who download Anime keep that 'promo' short?

Go look on animesuki... you will see that there are a lot of full series packaged with the promo. They have it because it makes the series feel more 'complete'.

I am going to collect this magazine. I would like Issue #0 (preview) if possible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2