• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote
As long as there's a sub and it's not dub only like, say, The Spirits Within, I'll be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:
*prays for a sub only releace*

What you're saying is "I like subs and dislike dubs, so I hope the rest of you have no choice but to watch it the way I like it."

Yeah, the last thing we need another "When is the dub coming out for FF 7?" topic. I had enough of them about Ghost in the Shell 2.

Any hoot.
Ataru in NEWS: Advent Children Release Announced wrote:
Why wait for E3.
GameSpot wrote:

According to the latest issue of Shonen Jump magazine, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, will be hitting stores in both America and Japan on September 14. The magazine announced that Advent Children will be released on DVD and made no mention of a PSP-friendly Universal Media Disk (UMD) format.

And here's the link.

Of course, it's going to on UMD now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
xstylus

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
*prays for a sub only releace*

Er... why? It's not like someone will force you to watch the dub release if they include one. Why would you want to deny the dub track to those who enjoy it when it doesn't otherwise affect your enjoyment whatsoever?
xstylus

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
well... at least now they don't have to worry about fansubs.

Yeah, right.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Geez, crucify him while your at it. Rolling Eyes The points been made for crying out loud.

Like I said, as long as it's not dub only, I have no reason to complain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
xstylus

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku wrote:
Geez, crucify him while your at it.

I'll go get the cross. You got the nails? Twisted Evil
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
wow. Just got the E3 2005 offical trailer!

Freakin Sweet!!! It's got the One Winged Angel theme by the Black Mages, and about 80% new scenes!
red stranger

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku wrote:
As long as there's a sub and it's not dub only like, say, The Spirits Within, I'll be happy.

But wasn't Spirits Within made in English? And even if it wasn't, it was made partially by Americans, with american audiences in mind?
AnimEdge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:14 am Reply with quote
TSW was made over in Hawaii buy the now "dead" Square Pictures, so it was originaly a "American" movie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rokit

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for the movie to release. I've been waiting for almost 3 years for it. Finally, the release date has been announced. We'll be getting it first right? September 13 and Japan will get it on September 14. So if it's 4,800 yen over there, does anyone know how much it will be here?

The trailer is awesome, can't stop watching it. And on the trailer they had subs so I highly doubt they'll put english dubs on. They have 2 months to finish up their planned work and adding in dubs wasnt one of them. Then in August they'll being their promotional stuff. I'm so excited!! Anime smile
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Rokit wrote:
We'll be getting it first right? September 13 and Japan will get it on September 14.

It's a matter of time zones, September 14th in Japan IS September 13th in the US. Wink

Quote:
So if it's 4,800 yen over there, does anyone know how much it will be here?

That's average for a Japanese DVD, the US release will be under $30, hopefully about $25, but with strong sales as a sure thing it could be even less. But as of now nobody knows.

Quote:
The trailer is awesome, can't stop watching it. And on the trailer they had subs so I highly doubt they'll put english dubs on. They have 2 months to finish up their planned work and adding in dubs wasnt one of them. Then in August they'll being their promotional stuff. I'm so excited!! Anime smile

They could be starting them right now and still have plenty of time to have it ready to go for September. Look at it this way, the movie has yet to be completed, but they've already got a great deal of the Japanese acting finished. It would probably be quicker to subtitle the Japanese video than to put a rush on the English track when doing a trailer. Also, one of the trailers that have been shown in the past had English naration so there's some effort already being taken there.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Yoichi Wada wrote:
Square Enix plans to dub Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children in English for the American release. When asked by the press if there were any plans to release Advent Children with Japanese voice and English subtitles, Wada said he will consider the possibility.

GameSpot

Lots of plans. They "plan" to dub it in English. They'll "consider" butting in the Japanese track. The dude is the presdient, and that sounds like if's to me. Anyhoot, I have a feeling they will put both on there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Stueypark

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Actually it's matter of press-releases. The release won't be simultanious. from Gamespy:

"Advent Children, the DVD and UMD movie which will release in Japan in September and in the U.S. "shortly after" from Sony Pictures Entertainment."

Shortly after could be a few days, weeks, or even months.
Rokit

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
[quote=Stueypark]Actually it's matter of press-releases. The release won't be simultanious. from Gamespy:

"Advent Children, the DVD and UMD movie which will release in Japan in September and in the U.S. "shortly after" from Sony Pictures Entertainment."

Shortly after could be a few days, weeks, or even months.[/quote]
Well, it's been confirmed that the release date will be the same. It said it on a magazine scan, and it even says it on the official english site.<--- (Countdown to Sep. 13) It's been permintly stated by Nomura himself and he promised no more delays to his fans 2 months ago. And they weren't too sure if they were going to stick with their plan on releasing the UMD first.

You could be right you know, and if you are then I'll be upset because I had written the date on my backpack already. Sad

And thank you Ataru for providing that info. Smile That actually proves me wrong. Well, I hope they dont' screw it up with the voice or I'll stay with subs.
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I second whoever said "it's about damn time." Finally! I've been hyperventilating over the trailers for far too long now. Hurray for me, I am a digusting FF7 fangirl. I can't wait! I really hope they have both sub and dub on the release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3