• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Anime animation style do you like?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Cell animation/One Piece,DBZ,Sailor Moon.
Digital Shade/Bleach,Naruto.
Cell 2d 3d/ Transformers Energon, Zoids, aquerion.
Full 3d/Cubix.
Cell 3d/Appleseed.

I like Digital shade like Bleach and naruto it makes the series look more real.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Naruto has amazing animation. (Stylistically, though, I think they didn't get some of the character designs right. Naruto especially looks MUCH better in the original manga) I also like how well integrated the Zoids animation is. The 3d Zoids designs are cell-shaded, and very well animated in terms of movement, so the 3d doesn't come across as cheap or laziness to draw it by hand.
Alter User Kazuma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to say pure cel animation. It takes a lot more money and effort on part of the artists to create a truly elaborate, fluid work, but to me it feels like there's more heart poured into something when it's done purely by the hand, for whatever reason. Not to mention the majority of digitally done shows these days are too bright, shiny, and colorful. For example, Big O season 1 retains a much grittier, darker look than it's second season.
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Alter User Kazuma wrote:
I'd have to say pure cel animation. It takes a lot more money and effort on part of the artists to create a truly elaborate, fluid work, but to me it feels like there's more heart poured into something when it's done purely by the hand, for whatever reason. Not to mention the majority of digitally done shows these days are too bright, shiny, and colorful. For example, Big O season 1 retains a much grittier, darker look than it's second season.

I liked Big O's first season animation beter too, because it fitted the story and environment.
Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I would have to agree with the people that say pure cel animation. It's great. I like 2d with some 3d in it. digital stuff is cool but Ill stick with pure cel thank you
El Oso

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:

Cell animation/One Piece,DBZ,Sailor Moon.
Digital Shade/Bleach,Naruto.
Cell 2d 3d/ Transformers Energon, Zoids, aquerion.

Preferably cell or digital shade. I dont mind 2d/3d so long as the 3d blends in well
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1