• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket 2nd Season?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I recently read on animeondvd.com that Funimation is going to attempt to get a 2nd season of "Fruits Basket" by raising U.S. support for it at conventions. Anyone interested or excited over the potential for a 2nd season of this series?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I'll say what I said in every other thread on this subject, and have been desperately chiming about for the past year:

Fruits Basket needs to air on Canadian TV!
Grico

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
It would be great to have a second season, but it seems unlikely to actually happen unless Funimation or some other company helps fund a second season. The japanese studio is unlikely to take a risk on a second season without some financial backing in addtion to fan petitions and the like.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
While I'd like a second season of Furuba, if that's the incentive, then no. I worry they'd try to cater too much to American tastes if Funimation was helping it along, and might not stick to the original plot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, the entire point of making a second season is to adapt the rest of the manga. And Daichi likely won't be interested in doing it until the manga is completed anyway, but apparently the story is accelerating, implying that Natsuki may end it by next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1