• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Concerns about GITS SAC Vol 6 & 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slipstream

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Volumes 1-5 of Ghost in the Shell released by Manga always had 4 episodes a volume. Problem is that only six episodes remain over two more volumes. Any word how they are going to split these two DVD's up? While the price drop if only three are per disc or will there be more Special Features to make the purchase equally tempting?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
It'll be 3 eps per disc, and they'll be the same average price as the other volumes. alternating episode counts have very rarely affected a release pattern of a series.
biliano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
In addition, the special edition of Vol. 7 of GitS is going to include a limited edition T-shirt with the Laughing Man logo along with a tin box to hold all seven volumes.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
And it looks like #6 is going to have a Batou t-shirt along with a Togusa ID Card. That would be awesome to get a Laughing Man t-shirt! I may just order two.

I think that this is the first time that Bandai has released a series with 7 DVDs. It's usually 6 with five eps on the first two DVDs and four on the last four DVDs. Could they possibly be going the way of Geneon and trying to get more money out of the consumer?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote
Wolf's rain was release on 7 DVD but that's for 30 episode.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
Chiroptera Rex wrote:
I think that this is the first time that Bandai has released a series with 7 DVDs. It's usually 6 with five eps on the first two DVDs and four on the last four DVDs. Could they possibly be going the way of Geneon and trying to get more money out of the consumer?

I believe it's Manga that's in charge of the actual release, with Bandai just making the DVDs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1