• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
L'arc-en-ciel...like or dislike 'em? Opinions?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdventChild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:19 am Reply with quote
I love L'arc-en-ciel(Full Metal Alchemist Theme song band)!! What do you guys think? Like them? dislike them? Let me know any opinions, please!! This is for my Japanese class project! Thanks for your help!!
Hotaru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote
if this is for a project, shouldn't you have more specific questions? or are you just seeing why people like them...elaborate and i shall answer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Koe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I think they're okay... Their songs pretty much all sound the same to me, but a few are good (Like "4th Avenue Café")...
JustJon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I thought they put on a good show at Otakon.
Hotaru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:03 pm Reply with quote
cause i'm bored, i shall elaborate

i first came to know L'Arc when Hyde was promoting his solo album 666 on popjapan.tv. I liked "Hello" a whole lot, so I guess I went on Google and searched about him, and thus learned about L'Arc~en~ciel.

The first songs I heard were Dive to Blue, Lies and Truth, and Sayonara. I admit, I've downloaded TONS of music from them. But I'm not rich so I can't buy the albums. I did buy SMILE, and plan on buying Dune eventually. I bought Hyde's solo Roentgen, and if they release more, I will surely buy.

I waited in line for their Otakon concert, and had the greatest time. I think I like them so much because the music is awesome, and the lyrics are usually very catchy. The translations are always interesting as well. I'll find that I will appreciate a song more after reading the translation.

then, there are songs like "stay away" where the translation doesn't make sense, but the song is just so damn catchy that i wouldn't care if they were singing about dish detergent. and the fake dancing in the PV just takes it up a notch. :p

and i hope they return to the US soon
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sephiroth15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I saw them at Otakon 2004. Not really impressed. But i do love the FMA theme and I think they did a good job with that.
dexx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh c'mon guys, L'Arc-en-Ciel are fantastic! Though they still aren't my favourite band, their music is upbeat, and fun. Good loud stuff, some of it is. I'm still an old fasion X Japan fan, myself. Listen to some older L'Arc-en-Ciel songs, thats where the best tunes are.

PS - The show at Otakon was amazing! Front row, woo!
ldz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:06 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I listen to some of their songs. My fav would be "Niji" and "4th Avenue Cafe". First encounter with this band is when I'm looking for alternatives for B'z and Glay.
I think anyone into jrock should try listen to this band.
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed "Smile." (Common album name; isn't it? First the Pillows, then Brian Wilson, and now L'arc-en-ciel.) I think it's a really good album that everyone should check out.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
they are alright, their videos are kinda cheesy but good. They arn't my genre of music but the vocals are good, then again I don't go after bands with the name "The Rainbow" but if thats what some people are into then I don't have a problem with that since they are not bad
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:45 am Reply with quote
Ever since I heard them on the Final Fantasy Soundtrack, i'm hooked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1