• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Blood Tv series!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:44 am Reply with quote
I was looking this morning over Moonphase and found on the news board that the Official Site for the Blood Tv series was open. Some of you may have seen Blood: The Last Vampire, a movie. In this case, maybe you have some idea about how it will be.

www.blood.tv

Yeah, gotta ask for adding some entries on the Encyclopedia.

I forgot to say, Production I.G. will be in charge of this project.

Last edited by Sarki-Kun on Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
Blood was the first anime title I bought it is a great movie and it will make a great show im sure. Also I like the site haven't been to one that did that.

I hope it is at the same level of quality as the movie.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
The film was okay, I hope the TV series is better though.
El Oso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Considering how short the movie was it'll be nice to have them go more in depth about the world of Blood (hopefully)
Red Recluse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this series will have elements from the manga, or if it will be something entirely new? I do find the Sawa character interesting.
Red Recluse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:07 am Reply with quote
Check out this thread:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13633&sid=ce920dd8d5fcc8107a3b634d7f65058a
Self correction! It's Saya not Sawa.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
This is great news, I thought the movie was excellent, but to short.

Wouldn't it be neat if the series started out at or before the 1890's. As the show progressed, each episode and/or group of episodes would highlight a story of interest from different time periods in Saya's life (1900, 1923, 1964, ect.). It would make for an interesting show, because it would span such a large time peroid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
El Oso

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:48 am Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
This is great news, I thought the movie was excellent, but to short.

Wouldn't it be neat if the series started out at or before the 1890's. As the show progressed, each episode and/or group of episodes would highlight a story of interest from different time periods in Saya's life (1900, 1923, 1964, ect.). It would make for an interesting show, because it would span such a large time peroid.

Now that's a good idea IMO!
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:03 am Reply with quote
Heck, I'm gonna have to edit what I wrote. I didn't read:

スペシャルイベント開催決定!! (Supesharu ibento kaichii kettei)

I apologize Anime smile

Dagwood, I also thought that the movie was too short. It was cool and good to see, but after having watched it twice, there isn't really something new.

I think a short TV series is a really good idea. The world of Blood had different versions (manga, movie, etc), but the TV series will be (or so I expect) long enough as for being taken into special account.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote
I thought "Blood" just kind of sucked. Just when it started to pick up, it ended. The animation was good though. I don't really know why they decided to make this obscure short movie into a TV series, but I'm guessing that the series will be a drastic improvement over the movie.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't really know why they decided to make this obscure short movie into a TV series

There is a whole Blood story out there (manga & video game), and the movie makes up only a small portion of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:03 am Reply with quote
Dagwood wrote:
There is a whole Blood story out there (manga & video game), and the movie makes up only a small portion of it.

I've never heard of any manga related to the movie being released in the U.S. and I'm pretty sure the game stayed in Japan if it existed.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:05 am Reply with quote
SnowfairyX wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

I've never heard of any manga related to the movie being released in the U.S. and I'm pretty sure the game stayed in Japan if it existed.

The movie was never created with the intention of being a great success out of Japan. It was more likely a complement of something more popular in Japan. Like making an OVA of a popular TV series.

I also thought it was really short, but found that the time was enought for what they wanted to make. Now I'm just happy that they're making more things, and this time, larger.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
SnowfairyX wrote:
I thought "Blood" just kind of sucked. Just when it started to pick up, it ended. The animation was good though...

Not to mention the producer/director even admitted he didn't want it to run that short, but he had to work on some other project so had to do it in only 55 minutes. If I remember the interview correctly I think he said he wanted to make it like 20-25 min. longer. I hate it when bigwigs "sell out" something with the potential to be great, so memories of watching B:TLV are not fond ones.
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I've never heard of any manga related to the movie being released in the U.S.

manga#1614 Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1