• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone get a Maharomatic vibe?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenbeanx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote
I've never seen this series but somehow I het a Maharomatic vibe just reading the description and viewing screenshots.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:35 am Reply with quote
I presume you're talking about Gainax' upcoming He is My Master? Yet again, as with *any* Gainax show, until there is proof to the contrary, I will presume there is a LOT more there than the previews and magazine pin-ups seem to show, and this will turn out a series that is no less memorable than any of their others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Moved from the talkback forum
AKOrtega

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I have both season one and two of Mahoromatic. its a fun series with planty of comedy, action, drama and of course plenty of fanservice.there happens to be alot of jr high T&A in the bath tub scenes. Season one is about 12 episodes long and season two is about 15 episodes so there is a lot of volumes to collect if you decide to by them one volume at a time, so cheak out ebay for some good deals. it is defenatly a 16 and up tv show. if got any other questions feel free to ask.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Alas, I can't say that there are many Maid anime which acctually have a intruging, actual meaningful plot. However, Mahoromatic, is one that does. I loved that series to death, as twisted as the ending was.

This one... in particular, though by Gainax, has me wondering. I have no idea of anything about it though, so I won't say much, other than "yey for Masami Okui doing more theme songs!"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I've read scanlations of the manga. The ecchiness is surprisingly pretty mild, and the comedy of it is so damn funny (especially with Poochi the alligator). I can say in the nutshell that He is My Master practically pokes fun in the maid genre. This is going to be one interesting series.

Hell, look what I found!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/darkchibi07/Anime%20Screencaps/HeisMyMaster_cap001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/darkchibi07/Anime%20Screencaps/HeisMyMaster_cap002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/darkchibi07/Anime%20Screencaps/HeisMyMaster_cap003.jpg

CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure how those can be "screencaps" as the series isn't set to premiere until April 7 - and I don't recall any of those scenes being in the trailer.

Having said that, wow, *utterly* unsurprised - given the use of Eva music in Abenobashi and Mahoromatic images in KonoMini.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1