• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do Naruto Character Songs Exist?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midori kou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I know that in other anime series like Saiyuki, Prince of Tennis, Digimon Sailormon, etc. had the main characters sing individual songs that were distributed onto CDs. Does Naruto have any? I've always wondered about this since it IS a popular series in Japan, but the closest thing I've seen so far are drama CDs. Why is that?
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:38 am Reply with quote
Naruto OST 1 is just what your looking from then. They added one or two more in Naruto OST 2, but 1 has all of the main characters.

Also, music question belong Here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Naruto OST 1 is just what your looking from then. They added one or two more in Naruto OST 2, but 1 has all of the main characters.

Are you sure about that? Because looking here, there only seem to be openings and endings.

If by Character Songs you mean theme music (which are two different things, by the way) then yes, there are some character theme (musical) pieces.

However if you are meaning those pieces to be actual songs with vocals, then I'm afraid there aren't any, at least on the first two OSTs.

I've heard them both and the only songs you even hear are the first and second openings and endings. I don't believe actual character songs exist right now, but maybe they'll make some in the future (though personally, I hope they don't because it'll probably be really cheesy sounding like most other Character Songs I've heard Anime smallmouth).
Nionel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I've heard them both and the only songs you even hear are the first and second openings and endings. I don't believe actual character songs exist right now, but maybe they'll make some in the future (though personally, I hope they don't because it'll probably be really cheesy sounding like most other Character Songs I've heard Anime smallmouth).

The Naruto Movie OST, has a song sung by Junko Takeuchi in her Naruto voice, it's actually the theme to the short that accompanies the movie, but it can also be concidered a character song I guess...
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Sorry about that, I miss read. I skipped the "sings" part. Nionel is right and the short that came with the Movie 1 is only one that had one of the character voice actor sing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1