• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto English Dub cast?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hhv94

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote
Hey I saw on your web site you had a tagalog cast for Naruto is this the english cast or is this casting for another country? If its not the english cast do you know when you may find out who will voice dubb this anime series? Any info will help..thank you!
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:21 am Reply with quote
Tagalog is a filipino dialect, so the cast shown is for the dub in the Philippines.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Well we already know ShoPro/Viz is producing it, so it'll more than likely be Ocean Studios (and hopefully not Blue Water).

As for who will actually voice who, we probably won't find out until the DVD is released or if they (ShoPro) does a Bandai and announces the cast in advance like they did for Gundam SEED.

Here's hoping they don't cast Richard Cox as Naruto Anime smallmouth. Not that I dislike him because I liked him as Ranma and Inu Yasha and felt he did a pretty decent to good job filling in for Kappei Yamaguchi, but I feel his voice is just a tad too old for Naruto.

I hope they try actually casting a woman for his voice since Naruto's high pitchiness is kind of a trademark to his character, in my opinion, and personally, I don't know of too many guys in Ocean that can do high voices aside from Brad Swaile (though I feel he lacks the "fire" in his voice to be Naruto anyway).

Yup, it's all about "fire" in the voice, like a Nine-Tails fox demon if you will Razz.
R.G.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Well we already know ShoPro/Viz is producing it, so it'll more than likely be Ocean Studios (and hopefully not Blue Water).

As for who will actually voice who, we probably won't find out until the DVD is released or if they (ShoPro) does a Bandai and announces the cast in advance like they did for Gundam SEED.

Here's hoping they don't cast Richard Cox as Naruto Anime smallmouth. Not that I dislike him because I liked him as Ranma and Inu Yasha and felt he did a pretty decent to good job filling in for Kappei Yamaguchi, but I feel his voice is just a tad too old for Naruto.

I hope they try actually casting a woman for his voice since Naruto's high pitchiness is kind of a trademark to his character, in my opinion, and personally, I don't know of too many guys in Ocean that can do high voices aside from Brad Swaile (though I feel he lacks the "fire" in his voice to be Naruto anyway).

Yup, it's all about "fire" in the voice, like a Nine-Tails fox demon if you will Razz.

Casting a woman to do Naruto's voice would be a big mistake.It would sound too high.It would make Naruto sound like he was two years old instead of his current age.Why shouldn't Cox do Naruto's voice?He'd be perfect.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

ShoPro uses Ocean a lot, so it is a very likely situation. They'll be getting another long series with their dub of Inuyasha getting closer to wrapping up. :)

Then again, with Zatch Bell, they used an LA studio (Studiopolis), so there's no telling...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Why shouldn't Cox do Naruto's voice?He'd be perfect.

Because he'd make Naruto sound like he's twenty even though he's smack in the middle of puberty.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote
That Dude who voiced Ganki in Monster Rancher on the old Brand name:FOX KIDS, is Hands down the Best Naruto Voice, I don't know his name but he matches the character, However a girl actor can do Naruto's Voice, but it depends on whom. I think if Varonica Taylor was over those parts she would be a perfect example of that, she is the best female Naruto voice hands down(Varonica Voices Ash and other 4Kids Anime for who didn't know)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
Casting a woman to do Naruto's voice would be a big mistake.It would sound too high.It would make Naruto sound like he was two years old instead of his current age.Why shouldn't Cox do Naruto's voice?He'd be perfect.

Uh.. well a woman does do Naruto's Japanese voice, and I feel she sounds great, very believable for a 12(?) year old portrayl.

I guess I'm saying Cox wouldn't fit because Naruto the character is very unique, and for those who don't like listening to Japanese I'd like the dub director to cast someone very carefully and still get the same kind of sentiment across to the dub listeners.

It's a delicate issue and will probably be a hit or miss kind of deal. I'm not saying Cox is a bad choice, but I just want to make sure as many people as possible will end up liking the show regardless of what langauge they might watch it in.

Most of the guys at Ocean would probably sound out of place as a 12 year old, which is why I'm hoping that if they do cast a woman, she can get control her voice to around that age level.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
That Dude who voiced Ganki in Monster Rancher on the old Brand name:FOX KIDS, is Hands down the Best Naruto Voice, I don't know his name but he matches the character,

That was Andrew Francis and I'm not quite sure he can do that voice anymore. If I'm right at the time he was just a kid himself, probably around 13, maybe younger. His recent roles are much deeper (Megaman in NT Warrior and Billy in Transformers: Armada and Muruta Azrael in Gundam Seed) and basicly the same voice every time. Judging by the pictures of him that are around he's still pretty young, 17 or 18, as voice actors go, but he may have grown out of that voice long ago. He does still work for Ocean though, so there's a good chance he'll be in Naruto if they do indeed use Ocean.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
That was Andrew Francis

Woah, I forgot about him. I remember him most for doing Dilandau in Escaflowne. And now that you mention it, he might be an excellent choice for Naruto (didn't know he was that young either).

Last edited by Tony K. on Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Emerje wrote:
That was Andrew Francis

Woah, I forgot about him. I remember him most for doing Dilandau in [/i]Escaflowne[/i]. And now that you mention it, he might be an excellent choice for Naruto (didn't know he was that young either).

I didn't know his name but andrew is Perfect for it, I can't believe that you guys forgot about him! Sad But I understand no big deal! Wink
BlackCassidy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame Ocean will most likely be taking dubbing duties, because I always thought that Joshua Seth (Tetsuo in Akira, Tai in Digimon, Young Knives in Trigun) would be perfect for Naruto. He's a natural for portraying bratty youth.
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
BlackCassidy wrote:
It's a shame Ocean will most likely be taking dubbing duties, because I always thought that Joshua Seth (Tetsuo in Akira, Tai in Digimon, Young Knives in Trigun) would be perfect for Naruto. He's a natural for portraying bratty youth.

His Voice is too Much for Naruto, Joshua Seth who I wished was a VA for 4Kids could have voiced Luffy for One Piece He's the Best Luffy and Who i think would have just nailed it, Him and that dude who Voices Morty on Shaman King make good Luffy Voices. If Varonica Taylor Like I said was part of Ocean she'd Make a perfect Naruto!
Darkener

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Most of the guys at Ocean would probably sound out of place as a 12 year old, which is why I'm hoping that if they do cast a woman, she can get control her voice to around that age level.

I'm hoping to a female is cast as Naruto... it didn't hurt having a female (too lazy to look up her name on google) do the voice of Bart Simspon either.. Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Emerje wrote:
That was Andrew Francis

Woah, I forgot about him. I remember him most for doing Dilandau in Escaflowne. And now that you mention it, he might be an excellent choice for Naruto (didn't know he was that young either).

Yeah, that was basicly the same voice, but we're talking around 5 years ago that he was doing that voice, I still don't believe he's capable of doing it anymore. It's like when people try pegging Haley Joel Osment for young kid characters characters when trying to cast dream live action anime (like the one Zac did in the May issue of AI), forgetting that he isn't 8 any more, he's 17! People forget that child actors grow up and can no longer do the roles we remember them in.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2