• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Madlax and Noir ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaronNoir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:44 am Reply with quote
At the second I heard from Madlax, I tried frantically to...find... it, in any way possible. I watched one episode, and I'm really thrilled about it.

(Madlax is the closest thing possible to Noir Two...)

I have one, simple, yes or no question. ADV site says, openly, that there is maybe a certain connection between Noir and Madlax. Yes or no ? (NO SPOILERS. By connection, I mean something bigger than Margaret looks like Kirika...)

I'm a huge fan of Noir, liking it much better than others anime. It's one of the rare anime that you could actually show to your mother-I actually done that-without fearing that she finds that...err...untasteful, or kiddy.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
All I know is that it's made by the same people, and one of them seems to like girls with guns. Was that too obvious?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sakurazukamori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:40 pm Reply with quote
BaronNoir wrote:
ADV site says, openly, that there is maybe a certain connection between Noir and Madlax.

No. The only connection is the staff. Madlax's world is an alternative one, I mean : the country where Margaret live is "Nafrece" and Madlax lives in "Garzth Sonika". In Noir, the world is the same as ours (you find countries like France, Corse, Suisse)... except for Soldats, of course. Razz

My personnal comment about these animes :
If you like Noir, you'll love Madlax. Wink
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
BaronNoir wrote:
(Madlax is the closest thing possible to Noir Two...)

I have one, simple, yes or no question. ADV site says, openly, that there is maybe a certain connection between Noir and Madlax. Yes or no ? (NO SPOILERS. By connection, I mean something bigger than Margaret looks like Kirika...)

Yes, well, there's an easy way to use the Encyclopedia for this sort of thing.

1) Go to the Madlax entry.
2) At the bottom of the column on the right side of the page, you'll find a link marked Compare this anime. Click it.
3) Next, go the Noir entry.
4) Repeat the process of clicking the Compare this anime link, this time on the Noir page.

The result is a page displaying all those instances where the two anime share cast or staff members. In this case, the results are:

Cast

• Aya Hisakawa plays Rimelda in Madlax, Chloe in Noir
  • Emi Shinohara plays Lucille in Madlax, Marennes in Noir
  • Houko Kuwashima plays Margaret Burton in Madlax, Kirika Yumura in Noir
  • Koichi Sakaguchi plays Friend in Madlax,
    Loshuman & Renoir & Dupois in Noir
  • Kotono Mitsuishi plays Margaret's Mother in Madlax, Mireille Bouquet & Oditt in Noir
  • Naoya Uchida plays Piedirica in Madlax, Hammond in Noir
  • Tokuyoshi Kawashima plays Cherry in Madlax, Heinz in Noir

Staff

• Kenji Teraoka did mechanical design for both anime, and was mechanical animation director for Noir
  • Koichi Mashimo was director for both anime, and was also sound director and did storyboards for Noir
  • Masahiro Murakami did the special effects for both anime
  • Minako Shiba did chcracter design for both anime
  • Satoko Miyachi did character design for both anime
  • Satoshi Ohsawa did character design and was character animation director for Madlax, and was director and animation director for Noir
  • Seiji Morita did editing for both anime
  • Shigeru Kitayama produced both anime
  • Shiro Sasaki did planning for both anime
  • Yuki Kajiura did the music for both anime.

You can also bookmark the search result:
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/compare.php?anime_list=3714-407.
Note that, by knowing the ID nos. of any two anime, you can bypass the laborious process outlined above, by adding them directly into the URL as appropriate.

As for there being a direct connection between the storylines of the two anime, I strongly doubt it. BTW, Sakurazukamori, "Corse" (Corsica) is not a country - not at present, that is.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
scorpioEDC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I am also looking forward to this one.

However, I wonder whether Madlax will surpass Noir in terms of style - the creative style of killing action scenes.

Like those ideas of steadying a hand with bandage, locating a person with pop corn, killing a person with a student ID or a toy car, aiming a gun with ears, using glasses to counter attack, a hidden fork picked up from a tea party changed from a potential weapon to a souvenir and back to a weapon again.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Madlax is a lot slower then Noir it takes about 18 episodes before it starts getting into the real storyline. pretty good though.

EDIT and the ending's lamer than Noir's

Last edited by v1cious on Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
kmlau

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
the music is very similar too i think, i like noir alot more than madlax tho, but maybe becoz its similar and i watched noir much earlier than madlax
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1