• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ragnarok the Animation - Any opinions???

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedoze

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Hello there...

I am an anime fan from malaysia... Crying or Very sad uh well, animes are not so popular at my place... *sigh* but! To those out there who have seen Ragnarok the Animation series, what do you think about it? Isn't it great or any other opinions from you guys?

For your info I have already watched all of them via DVD and found it so great that I want to watch them all over again! Thanks to your replies!!! Laughing
cell21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:27 am Reply with quote
rAGNOROK THE aNIMATION - I found it very good for the overall them of the series,but some argue that compared to the game version they perferred the game version.I'm looking forward to the second series of the animation.The characters are nice, i like the background to the item girl with her blob, her development throughout the story.
TF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:41 am Reply with quote
never played the game but the anime is decent. It is sometimes really hilarous and that is what i like about it
philg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 am Reply with quote
what is ragnarok?
Sakurazukamori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:48 am Reply with quote
Ragnarok is very boring if you've already seen Hack//Sign.

If you want to see an anime in a MMORPG, you should watch Hack//sign, it has a more complex and deeper story and the music form Yuki Kajiura is really good.
shiusa__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote
I really love playing the MMORPG...but the anime was just boring...
I think it made Ragnarok look kind of boring...it was really a lot different than the actual game Confused
shiusa__

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:29 am Reply with quote
oops double post Embarassed
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:44 am Reply with quote
philg wrote:
what is ragnarok?

Ragnarok is based on what many people said before me, a MMORPG, Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. It's one of the most popular MMORPG out there because you don't have a beefy system to run it (It ran great on my old P3 550 with a weak 8 MB graphic card.) and it has a ton of "classes" to play with. It cost $20 a month and you can find more info about it here.

The anime series is okay, nothing super special about. You don't really need to watch .hack to understand it, but to get feel on what's going on, it helps. Atleast it stays true to the game, for the most part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
compared to the game the characters in the anime do things characters at there party level should not be able to do yet ie killing the gold bug in the 3rd ep irc?. I dont really care for the game that much it got old fast but I enjoyed the anime just for seeing the places in the game animated and being like hey I've been there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
firedoze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
what about its storyline? any opinions? Rolling Eyes
chrismage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:40 am Reply with quote
oh i love playing the online game and would love to get my hands on the anime. But is it in english,or going to be anytime soon? that would be sooo awsome!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:32 am Reply with quote
It's in English, Japanese, and of course, Korean.

The storyline is fine, didn't really follow the game itself, but it's better then running outside of the wall everyday and making things bleed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:35 pm Reply with quote
firedoze wrote:
what about its storyline? any opinions? Rolling Eyes
standard rpg fair a party made up of a hero character, a healer.the long distance attacker,item provider and dark myserius character. joiin up to stop giant evil villian and his crew.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I realy liked Ragnarok it has a good story line and it has more or less realistic character development. The characters can be related with pretty well but I do have to say that if you want an MMORPG style anime then you should first watch .hack//sign before you watch Ragnarok. It can help you to understand Ragnarok better, plus the music in .hack//sign is worth watching it just for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote
They should have stuck to adapting the original manga that started it all which has good character and even better story. But instead, they choose to base it off the game due which was uninteresting and offend get compare to hacksign for no reason.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2