• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Soundtracks

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unherd4You

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:00 am Reply with quote
Can anyone suggest a good anime soundtrack that has more of like a metal or punkish or something like that tone to it? Cool
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quote
If you want a punkish sound, the BECK OST is the ideal compilation. Pretty much no background music to speak of; it's all punk-styled Japanese underground music, with the first disc being songs performed by the series' main characters, while the second is general contributions to the series by real-life artists.

There's also the FLCL OST, which is entirely done by the band, The Pillows. And for more of a hard rock feel (though a bit more...avant garde I guess you could say than conventional hard rock), I wholeheartedly suggest the Hellsing OST. Absolutely incredible stuff there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1