• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Zeta Ending???

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klampo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:39 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching the set, suprised so many main characters had to bite the dust.

Anyway can someone just give me a little bit of detail what happens after the last EP. Things seemed resolved and without spoiling, wanna know if certain people who seemed to have died infact died.

Thanks
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:58 am Reply with quote
Klampo wrote:
Anyway can someone just give me a little bit of detail what happens after the last EP. Things seemed resolved and without spoiling, wanna know if certain people who seemed to have died infact died.

Double Zeta started.

Okay, okay, seriously, Gundam Double Zeta picks up literally right after Zeta, and covers the continuing war against Haman Khan's Axis (shame a villain as unbelievably great as Haman was kinda wasted on a show that took more than half its run to get its act together...). spoiler[As for Zeta's surviving cast, Kamille's brain is now fried by Scirocco's last little burst of Newtype energy, and Fa pretty much stays by his side & quits the AEUG to help him, while Bright stays on as the Argama's captain and is forced to put up with the bad comedy element brought in by Judau & his little band of fools. Char is indeed alive (though absent from Double Zeta) and ultimately forms his own Neo-Zeon after Haman's Axis is defeated to try and force people into space (Char's Counterattack). Yazan is picked up early on in Double Zeta, is written as a fool of a villain, and dies quickly (like, less than ten episodes in). Hayato continues to lead Karaba, but Amuro & Kai are absent from the series I think (Amuro returns in Char's Counterattack). Shinta, Qum, Haro, Wong, & Astonaige all return in Double Zeta to some capacity, with Astonaige further having a more expanded role in Char's Counterattack. I also have no idea what happens to Beltorchika.]

Hope that helped. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Klampo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quote
tnx, all I wanted to know. Appreciate it Smile
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:48 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Yup, everone who seems to be dead is dead. I don't think it was ever in doubt if Char died since the 100 Shiki (cockpit open) was the final shot of the series. Along with the above mentioned returning chacters is Mineba Zabi who plays a reather important role and Sayla Mass, who didn't have much to say in Zeta.]
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Didn't Mineba die in Zeta and the girl in Double Zeta was just a look alike?]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
spoiler[Didn't Mineba die in Zeta and the girl in Double Zeta was just a look alike?]

spoiler[They didn't actually show Mineva in peril at any point in Zeta, though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
spoiler[yeah she was a fake, but I can't remember what happened to the original. It's been too long since I've sen this show.]
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:12 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
spoiler[They didn't actually show Mineva in peril at any point in Zeta, though.]

spoiler[She could have been killed towards the end when Haman was busy fighting Char and Kamille.]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quote
spoiler[If she was, then that's something only Double Zeta addresses. Mineva only makes one appearance in the last episode, and that's sitting on her throne while Haman tells her to pull back for the time being. Not even the ship itself is seen after that.]
NeoEllis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:09 pm Reply with quote
A complete review/ synopsis of ZZ, if you really want to spend so much of your time. Spoilers exist there, obviously.

Oh, and fear the Space Aztec Ninjas (see episodes 14 and 15).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1