• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Those who want Rave Master uncut on DVD(dub/sub) come here.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow blade2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:39 am Reply with quote
I got an e-mail from one of the staff at Tokyopop who wanted to know what our concerns are "so we can best understand the issue even more than we do now, we'd surely appreciate it."

They also said -

"Please don't give up on RAVE MASTER. In our opinion, we are really just starting with this property and with its developing success on Cartoon Network, we may have a few additional options in the future to release the DVD's in other forms."

So basically just list your opinions about an uncut release. And it could possibly be released later. Thanks.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote
Shadow blade2 wrote:
I got an e-mail from one of the staff at Tokyopop who wanted to know what our concerns are "so we can best understand the issue even more than we do now, we'd surely appreciate it."

They also said -

"Please don't give up on RAVE MASTER. In our opinion, we are really just starting with this property and with its developing success on Cartoon Network, we may have a few additional options in the future to release the DVD's in other forms."

So basically just list your opinions about an uncut release. And it could possibly be released later. Thanks.

I really, really do doubt Tokyopop give much of a crap about their portion of the Anime market, much less Rave Master.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I'll believe them when they can come up with a DECENT translation of Initial D. Not the Americanized BS they have with the property right now.
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote
R.I.P Rave Groove Adventure(Screw these companies changing the names) Detective Conan and One Piece.

Who have all gone through such brutal changes on there way over here, especially Rave Groove Adventure whoose both manga and anime are sooooo badly altered. It just pisses me off when a good show gets ruined. I fear for other shows. If this happens to Naruto, I am going to kill someone.......

I doubt they will fix it, unless there is a huge demand for it, which I doubt will happen. I hate Tokyopop.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
R.I.P ... Detective Conan

Who have all gone through such brutal changes on there way over here,

So, aside from name changes in the dub only with a properly-done subtitle track on the same damned disc, what horrible butchery did Detective Conan suffer?

Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
If this happens to Naruto, I am going to kill someone.......

It won't, and you won't. Grow up and stop finding imaginary things to cry about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Ouch, sorry. I am just saying they should just leave it as it is, not change the title. I was using it as another example of an anime whose title got changed. I can't believe I offended somebody..... get a life.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
..... get a life.

Hey, I'm not the one freaking out and jumping at shadows over "omg so bad" editing issues that don't exist and making shallow threats over a cartoon.

Pot calling the kettle black? I think so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:38 pm Reply with quote
(reads above comments)

The funny thing is, no one in America complains when the Japanese dub The Simpsons or American shows and changes the voices and names. Why must the fans ALWAYS SAY "That's not the voice of (insert character here)"? If voices never changed, Goku's VA would be a woman in the States and I'll be damned if I'd watch the show. Also, if the name changes bugs people that much, don't watch the dub.

- Advocate for the Japanese anime Devil Twisted Evil
OTP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
Ouch, sorry. I am just saying they should just leave it as it is, not change the title. I was using it as another example of an anime whose title got changed.

But didn't FUNi change it to avoid getting sued (or at least that's what people kept saying)?

Anyway, I don't really understand their comment. "Developing success"? I can't even find it on the lineup anymore (CN advertised it as Weeknights at 10:30, but now they're advertising DBGT). I think this is just Tokyopop's way of covering up their laziness.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
It's still on 10.30/9.30 my time. I don't know what you're talking about. And yes, Case Closed was forced to get a name change.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Goku's VA would be a woman in the States and I'll be damned if I'd watch the show.

Now that makes you sound like a sexist rather than a defender of English dubbing Razz.

I actually wish more dubs would cast women for male roles, not because I think casting a man is bad or that dubs should try to keep whatever integrity, but depending on the character it might be better.

For instance, I really like Ian Corlett as the original Gokuu in the Ocean dub of DBZ so I've no qualms about that, but I can't stand Richard Hayworth's voice as Kenshin. I feel he lacks that peculiar elegance and charisma I hear in Mayo Suzukaze's voice.

Anyway, I'm not offended or anything, but I just wanted to say a little something in response to what sounds like a weak reason for not watching a show. Smile
OTP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
It's still on 10.30/9.30 my time. I don't know what you're talking about. And yes, Case Closed was forced to get a name change.

*Checks local TV Guide*

Hmm, I guess it is still there. I could have sworn I saw promos for GT in that timeslot.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
OTP wrote:
slickwataris wrote:

*Checks local TV Guide*

Hmm, I guess it is still there. I could have sworn I saw promos for GT in that timeslot.

Hmm, I just checked the schedule on Cartoon Network's website and it lists DBGT for 10.30/9.30. Maybe its just on Thursdays at that time and Rave Master is on that time Mondays through Wednesdays. Oh well, I'll check tonight. Of course, Cartoon Network has been known to screw up their schedule on their website.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Now that makes you sound like a sexist rather than a defender of English dubbing Razz.

I actually wish more dubs would cast women for male roles, not because I think casting a man is bad or that dubs should try to keep whatever integrity, but depending on the character it might be better.

For instance, I really like Ian Corlett as the original Gokuu in the Ocean dub of DBZ so I've no qualms about that, but I can't stand Richard Hayworth's voice as Kenshin. I feel he lacks that peculiar elegance and charisma I hear in Mayo Suzukaze's voice.

Anyway, I'm not offended or anything, but I just wanted to say a little something in response to what sounds like a weak reason for not watching a show. Smile

Better reason? Here's one: TOTALLY strange and almost unrealistic to see this muscular guy with the voice of a woman. Average person just won't relate to that. Actually there are more women VA's than you may think who roles of boys and men in America (E.G. Daily, though I don't think she does Japanese anime; Veronica Taylor, etc.). However, I loved the decision to actually cast a kid in FMA as the voice of ... a kid! Sometimes people clamor for inflection in a character's voice that in reality, a child would not yet have (Rin in InuYasha, Alphonse in Fullmetal Alchemist) developed yet. I'm basically like "Let's not turn these kids into adults already, please?"
emory

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
OTP wrote:
*Checks local TV Guide*

Dragon Ball GT took over the 10:30 slot because Rave's ratings were so embarassingly bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2