• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Seed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I keep missing Gundam seed. Its tought to see what happens. I think they should put on Muguzi. Huh, would that work?
AncientDragonValgaav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Uh no. Use a VCR if you can't be awake or home at the time it airs. They are not quite so archaic yet that they have no purpose.
matticans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I suggest TiVo. But if you don't have money a vcr works. Or you could always just go buy them and watch them as much as you want like i do. Very Happy
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Twilight Dragon wrote:
Huh, would that work?

No, it wouldn't. Miguzi's aimed at a younger age bracket than Toonami (I know, it sounds impossible, but...), so the editing would be impossibly strict. Blue Cosmos? Who's that? Murata Azrael? Oh come now, you're just making up names! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:52 am Reply with quote
I think Twilight Dragon meant like what they did with Rave Master and DBGT. They said it was part of Miguzi yet aired it at 10:30, hours after Miguzi ends. I hope they rerun Seed from the beginning when they finish. I missed a lot.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Cetus-kun wrote:
They said it was part of Miguzi yet aired it at 10:30, hours after Miguzi ends.

They never said it was part of Miguzi. Miguzi is not Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Nagisa. Thats helps out alot. And i do use a VCR. I just can never rember to set it.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Just do what I do for this one: set your VCR (or in my case DVD recorder) to record at the same time every week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Cetus-kun wrote:
They said it was part of Miguzi yet aired it at 10:30, hours after Miguzi ends.

They never said it was part of Miguzi. Miguzi is not Toonami.

Yeah I know, but they did say it was part of Miguzi when they showed commercials for the reruns during the week. It was removed on Monday for DBGT and they corrected it to say CN instead in the commercials.

It technically was never part of Miguzi since Miguzi ends at like 7:30 at the reruns were airing at 10:30. But the commercials still were saying it was. I don't remember seeing the commercials anywhere but AS btw.

After Gundam Seed ends I wouldn't mind them putting it at the 10:30 timeslot from Monday-Thursday like they did for Rave and GT since I'd be able to catch up a lot faster than if I just was getting one episode a week.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quote
It'd be awesome if they did with Gundam SEED what they did with Gundam Wing: unedited and uncut eps shown on the Midnight run. Sure, it'd still be the dub (which I've sampled and was OK as far as dubs went . . . until I heard Flay's voice), but at least it'd be unedited and uncut. I def. appreciated that with G-Wing, and I'm sure SEED fans will appreciate it with SEED.
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Well technically you couldn't call it Midnight Run considering Aqua Teen is on at Midnight. How about Ten-Thirty Run Laughing The anime they're showing at 10:30 is still edited. Like I said before though I wouldn't mind them rerunning it again even with the edits.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Cetus-kun wrote:
Well technically you couldn't call it Midnight Run considering Aqua Teen is on at Midnight. How about Ten-Thirty Run Laughing The anime they're showing at 10:30 is still edited. Like I said before though I wouldn't mind them rerunning it again even with the edits.

Sir_Brass is referring to back in the days (when AS was Sun only with Thurs repeats) when there was a Toonami block that aired uncut eps of GW and DBZ, among others, that started at midnight. It was called "The Midnight Run"
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I knew that but now since Adult Swim takes up the slot it used to have it would be very unlikely for Seed to air unedited. I thought they were referring to if it were to be done now.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
The Gundam SEED shown at 1:00 am EST on [as] has already been edited for TOONAMI and since most shows do not get re-edited (unless you're FUNimation), we're stuck. However most of the time the edits are not unbearable (laser guns don't bug me; it's removed content that does).
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Same here Frankman. The Blasters usulay dont bug peple. But look at teen Titans. Cyborg.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2