• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GITS SAC SoundTrack Question?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Why is the Opening Theame not on the First CD? This Makes me Scratch my head. Also what did you think of the soundtrack.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Sousuke Segari wrote:
Why is the Opening Theame not on the First CD? This Makes me Scratch my head. Also what did you think of the soundtrack.

Oro? Anime dazed

"Inner Universe" is on the first OST. It's Track 11.

And as for the OST itself, I like it a lot, nothing less from Kanno-sama. It's very upbeat a lot of the time and does a good job reflecting the elements of the series like the whole futuristic setting, the characters of Section 9, the intrigue of their assignments, and so forth.

I really love the vocal pieces too. Ilaria Graziano has a very pretty singing voice and of course who can not miss Origa's performance on "Inner Universe?"

I've also listend to a little bit of the 2nd GIG OST as well, and I hope they release it in conjunction with the series, much like they're doing to the first season right now. Steve Conte's performance for "Living Inside the Shell" is stellar.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I really love the vocal pieces too. Ilaria Graziano has a very pretty singing voice and of course who can not miss Origa's performance on "Inner Universe?"

Origa is great - she's everybody's favourite Siberian. Please note that she's recently done sterling work on the OP and ED themes for Fantastic Children. The ED in particular, Mizu no madoromi, is out of this world.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Great soundtrack.

The only song I didn't like was Lithium Flower. I still try to sit and listen to it, but I can't make heads or tails as to the theme of the song itself. First, he talks about a "lithium flower", then it goes into repetitous "surfing" phrases.

If it's about Kusanagi (which it most likely is), it doesn't entirely make a lot of sense lyrically. Inner Universe was more representative of her than Lithium Flower.

Other than that, the other songs are great. The music is really good.

(In fact, sans words, all of Kanno's music is wonderful stuff. She's really multitalented, going from the jazz / blues of Cowboy Bebop to the celtic / folk overtones of Wolf's Rain, then to Stand Alone Complex's hard rock and techno. I don't remember any other composer as multitalented and varied as her.)
El Angel Caido

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Run Rabbit Junk is one of my favourite songs on it, bad ass.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I love Ilaria Graziano. She has such a pretty voice. I like the song Where Does The Ocean Go? but I don't remember what OST its on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:01 am Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Yeah, I love Ilaria Graziano. She has such a pretty voice. I like the song Where Does The Ocean Go? but I don't remember what OST its on.

The first. Track 5.
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I really like Litiume Flower, and innerr universie.
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Yeah, I love Ilaria Graziano. She has such a pretty voice. I like the song Where Does The Ocean Go?

I like it too, but anyone who's heard the song "Hyperballad" from Bjork will notice a striking resemblance... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
slickwataris wrote:
Yeah, I love Ilaria Graziano. She has such a pretty voice. I like the song Where Does The Ocean Go?

I like it too, but anyone who's heard the song "Hyperballad" from Bjork will notice a striking resemblance... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Ah, the truth is out! I'm going to have to check that song out now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote
I never herd of it. Which cd is it on?
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the reason you can't find it is because of the numbering. Inner Universe may actually be track #10 and not #11. When I tried to listen to Lithium Flower it was a different song. A few seconds after Velveteen(track #8) was finished it went to Lithium Flower and the track number said 8 and not 9. Am I the only one who had this problem?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Lady Sango wrote:
Maybe the reason you can't find it is because of the numbering. Inner Universe may actually be track #10 and not #11. When I tried to listen to Lithium Flower it was a different song. A few seconds after Velveteen(track #8) was finished it went to Lithium Flower and the track number said 8 and not 9. Am I the only one who had this problem?

It's a glitch that Bandai had with their initial batch of CDs. If you e-mail them about it they'll be happy to exchange your bad one for a good one. I did this myself back in October and finally got a new on in January.

Yes, it takes long, but it'll solve your problem.
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Same here. I was confused. But i got over it.
Lady Sango

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

It's a glitch that Bandai had with their initial batch of CDs. If you e-mail them about it they'll be happy to exchange your bad one for a good one. I did this myself back in October and finally got a new on in January.

Yes, it takes long, but it'll solve your problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, but a 3 month wait isn't worth getting the problem fixed. After I figured out that Lithium Flower was on there I pretty much got over the problem.

My favorite song on the soundtrack is Beauty is Within Us and Monochrome comes in a close second. Be Human from the Be Human ost is a good song as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4