• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Many Anime Titles are finished with "SEED"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Many Anime Titles are finished with "SEED"
Why?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
There aren't that many series with SEED in all caps like that. That's Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny, and Gundam SEED MSV Astray. SEED in those series stands for "Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-Factor." A trait present in most of the main characters from the series.

There are other series/movies with seed in the title, such as Blue Seed and Appleseed. They have nothing to do with each other or with Gundam SEED.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Incidentally, many anime titles happen to begin with "Blue." Probably for the same reason, too (that being, of course, pure coincidence).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kamiboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I smell a conspiracy....

.... either that or someone just farted. I swear! Every bloody time I ride the elevator.

--
FDA Warning: Taking this person too seriously has proven to cause cancer in clinical trials
AncientDragonValgaav

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote
The only other series I know that ends with Seed is Blue Seed (aside from the Gundam shows). Seed is not really that common...
The Frankman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Incidentally, many anime titles happen to begin with "Blue." Probably for the same reason, too (that being, of course, pure coincidence).

About that: Check any Japanese anime beginning/ending in Blue and you'll find about 90% containing sexual innuendo and/or nudity. Then again as the saying goes, "What Japanese anime DOESN'T contain sexual innuendo or nudity?". Anyway to me, the word blue in the title of Japanese anime is not a coinkeydink.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
I smell a conspiracy....

.... either that or someone just farted. I swear! Every bloody time I ride the elevator.

--
FDA Warning: Taking this person too seriously has proven to cause cancer in clinical trials

YES!!! There is subliminal messaging in anime that has the title "seed" in it. They call it operation seed. they are trying to plant a "seed" in our minds to buy everything by the company producing the "seed" titles. Shocked SHEILD YOUR EYES!!! AHHHHHH Anime hyper
matticans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
kamiboy wrote:
I smell a conspiracy....

--

YES!!! There is subliminal messaging in anime that has the title "seed" in it. They call it operation seed. they are trying to plant a "seed" in our minds to buy everything by the company producing the "seed" titles. Shocked SHEILD YOUR EYES!!! AHHHHHH Anime hyper

If so..... I am sooooo screwed Anime hyper
kamiboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
YES!!! There is subliminal messaging in anime that has the title "seed" in it.

Don't forget titles with the word "Blue" in them, which means we are all doubly screwed with "Blue Seed".
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:27 am Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
Perfectsword wrote:
YES!!! There is subliminal messaging in anime that has the title "seed" in it.

Don't forget titles with the word "Blue" in them, which means we are all doubly screwed with "Blue Seed".
hey back in the day I liked blue seed! (ie back when it was coming out on VHS!)

It was a good cheesy show for its time.
or if u really want to be creepy look at the large numbers of hentai shows and dating sims with "Sister" in the title.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1