• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Orange Range

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTZim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Hey.

For anybody familiar with their songs (opening theme for Bleach "Asterisk" and one of the Naruto themes "Viva Rock"), they've done much more than just anime music. I was wondering if anybody knew how many CDs they had out, and moreso, if anybody could recommend me any other bands similar to their style.

Thanks
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I kind of figured they were a real band.

Anyway, here is their website:

http://orangerange.com/index.html

It looks like they have 4 full lengths out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Yep. I think they're the featured artists on popjapan.tv (which airs on the internation channel). While i find them kind of weird, they do have some good songs. Then again I've only heard four, but like three out of four. Loco Lotion is one my cell phone as a ring tone, and me and my sister do a mean karaoke of Viva Rock.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:30 am Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:

The first two are more like mini-albums with the second being the re-release of the first.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
slickwataris wrote:

The first two are more like mini-albums with the second being the re-release of the first.

Ok. I can't really read Japanese so sorry for the confusion. Thanks for the info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sacchan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Orange Range has 2 full albums out.
I especially like their songs "Shanghai Honey" from their 1st album, and "Hana" from their 2nd album. "Hana" (Orange Range's first loved ballad written for a movie) was the only single in 2004 to hit a million CD sales mark in Japan.

One other thing I like about Orange Range is that they're Okinawans. Yey! I'm glad to see more people from my Province get their breaks in the music world Very Happy Amuro, Speed, and Da Pump were the first of the wave, but there's a lot more diversity now with Mongol 800, HY, Kiroro, Rimi Natsukawa, Orange Range, D-51, and High and Mighty Color Cool
And I think High and Mighty Color's song, "PRIDE" was used as an opening or ending for an anime (I forget which anime, though).
Zoe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote
sacchan wrote:
One other thing I like about Orange Range is that they're Okinawans. Yey! I'm glad to see more people from my Province get their breaks in the music world Very Happy

There was a tribute to Okinawa artists this week on Music Station. I'm a little disappointed that Namie and SPEED were the only OAS artists they showed though Sad
Hotaru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
"hana" is a good song.

i have their album, musiQ. it's quite unique. it's weird, but the songs are good. i remember seeing hte PV for "zung zung funky music" a while ago, going "what the hell......?"

the guys in the band are a bit weird, but hte music is goood.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1