• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cowboy Bebop and Trigun eps?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ssj Rock Lee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I just wanted to know which eps can you skip over in these series since some of the eps are just filler and i'd like to watch the eps that are needed and not the filler?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Ssj Rock Lee wrote:
I just wanted to know which eps can you skip over in these series since some of the eps are just filler and i'd like to watch the eps that are needed and not the filler?

Heh, if you just want to watch the episodes of Bebop that only have a central story going, then you'll have to skip all the episodes other than 4, 5, 24, 25, and 26.

As for Trigun, I don't remember much of what was or wasn't filler. But yeah, Bebop is suppose to be episodic in nature. It's easier to just watch the whole thing.
Ssj Rock Lee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
o wow didn't think there was that much filler in Cowboy Bebop
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Heh, if you just want to watch the episodes of Bebop that only have a central story going, then you'll have to skip all the episodes other than 4, 5, 24, 25, and 26.

What about Jupiter Jazz? That, too, is a part of the "central story". (spoiler[Especially seeing Lin, whose brother Shen appears in Episode 25]).

Also of note would be My Funny Valentine and Speak Like a Child, both of which along with Hard-Luck Woman, form the "Faye Valentine Trilogy", IMHO one of the most interesting subplots of any TV series.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Glory Questor wrote:
What about Jupiter Jazz? That, too, is a part of the "central story". (spoiler[Especially seeing Lin, whose brother Shen appears in Episode 25]).

Whoops Anime catgrin + sweatdrop. Scratch episode 6, that one's not related to Vicious, Julia or the syndicate.

And yeah, Jupiter Jazz I and II should be included as well, I just didn't remember which episode was which number Embarassed.

Let see... after giving the episode guide an actual look, I'll say episodes 5, 13, 14, 25, and 26 have more of the whole Spike/Vicious/Julia storyline.
zaphdash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Glory Questor wrote:

Whoops ^w^'. Scratch episode 6, that one's not related to Vicious, Julia or the syndicate.

And yeah, Jupiter Jazz I and II should be included as well, I just didn't remember which episode was which number :oops:.

Let see... after giving the episode guide an actual look, I'll say episodes 5, 13, 14, 25, and 26 have more of the whole Spike/Vicious/Julia storyline.

I'd also throw in the episodes dealing with Faye's past, since they're the only part of the show that's even moderately interesting.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote
zaphdash wrote:
I'd also throw in the episodes dealing with Faye's past, since they're the only part of the show that's even moderately interesting.

OK, OK. If we're going to include sidestory episodes about the Bebop crew then let's say episodes 2-3, 5, 9-10, 12, 13-15, and 24-26. There, that's almost half a season's worth of episodes Smile.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Nah, leave Faye out of this. Cowboy Bebop is first and foremost about SPIKE. I think the 5,13,14,25,26 is perfect. If they made a DVD with just these eps, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. They once played all 5 of these eps in a row on CN - back in the early days of AS. It was great watching all of these eps in a row.
The thing is, though, CB is a really good show. To cut out anything is to not get the full effect. I don't care too much about the Faye and Ed stuff, but the episode w/the mad man at the carnival - that's good stuff. And the episode w/Rocco and his sister - that shouldn't be missed. Even the mushroom episode - as pointless to the main story as it is - is worth watching.
Ssj Rock Lee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
ok thanks for the help on Bebop, didn;t realize there were so many filler eps. But how about Trigun now?
Green Bird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
Nah, leave Faye out of this. Cowboy Bebop is first and foremost about SPIKE. I think the 5,13,14,25,26 is perfect.

Yeah, if you're hell-bent on seeing just the main storyline episodes I couldn't have said it better myself. But Bebop is so great because each episode is it's own little masterpiece.

As for Tirgun, episodes 12, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 24 and 26 give you all you need to know about Vash and Knives. Although, 17 can get a little long-winded with all of Rem's ideology. Episode 1 is a decent introduction, but not necessary to the Vash-Knives story.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy all the Trigun episode even if they were filler. I thought it was important to get the full understand of Vash (one bit at a time). I don't think Trigun would have been as good as it is if it was 13 episode all evolving around main central plot.
philg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:42 am Reply with quote
How funny is episode 17 of Cowboy Bebop? I was laughing non-stop when the effect of the mushrooms kicked in! It has no relevance to the overall series plot but it's an episode that you can't miss because of it's greatness Very Happy
Green Bird

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
The Mushroom Samba episode of Bebop is probably my most watched episode ever! I honestly giggle like a school girl every time I watch it; the coffin-toting angry man, Ein's hiccups, the frog...everything about this episode brightens my day Laughing .
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
but that episode got me to thinking...
what if I'm just living in my head? like maybe reality is a different world than I think it is and I'm just high on shrooms or have some brain problem or whatever, so I'm just standing in one spot, on life support, and I just think this is what is really happening.

creepy, no?

but then again, people have told me that I think too much
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
but that episode got me to thinking...
what if I'm just living in my head? like maybe reality is a different world than I think it is and I'm just high on shrooms or have some brain problem or whatever, so I'm just standing in one spot, on life support, and I just think this is what is really happening.

creepy, no?

but then again, people have told me that I think too much

That's ridiculous. If that's true, you'll be dead by now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2