• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Alchemist Movie

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ev0luti0nzer0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:11 am Reply with quote
Do you think F.M.A will have more than one movie? Because the series was a real hit.
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote
I think that is possible that it could have more than one movie, Mabe even a second show. It would definatly Make lots of money.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
We will just have to wait and see what happens with the movie. If the move ties up any loose ends let from the series I doubt that there will be another full season of this show. And quite frankly I rather not have any sequel,prequel,etc,etc,etc. I really thought this show was amazing, and I'd rather not have something continue on after it highest point. AKA Kenshin after Kyoto, but depending on how the movie ends will determine sequels and all of that.
spoiler[ Then again you could do a prequel on the detail of the isbahi (Spelling sorry) war, I mean look at the entire war from Mustang eyes or winry parents eyes. But I rather not have this happen. The end of the show where Edward and Al are reaching for each other is so powerful. Anime cry that how I felt when it was over.]
SamuraiBebop713

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I really thought this show was amazing, and I'd rather not have something continue on after it highest point. AKA Kenshin after Kyoto, but depending on how the movie ends will determine sequels and all of that.

True dat.
KLS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
At what point in the series is the movie meant to be watched, if you don't mind my asking? Can it be watched at any time, acting as a stand-alone story, or should one already have a certain number of episodes under their belt before tackling it?
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:29 am Reply with quote
The movie takes place 2-3 years after the original series. It will be a direct continuation so watch the show first.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:31 am Reply with quote
You watch it at the end of the series.

Another movie? Probably not, the team can work on another new series.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:42 am Reply with quote
I was reading the booklet from my FMA DVD, and in it the director said how he wanted to really keep to the manga and he even waited for a second volume to be released before starting work on this project. Reflecting on this I believe that there will not be an another full series of FMA, more so I believe that there is a higher chance of a second movie being released. But then again this really has to do with how the movie ends.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:12 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
I was reading the booklet from my FMA DVD, and in it the director said how he wanted to really keep to the manga and he even waited for a second volume to be released before starting work on this project. Reflecting on this I believe that there will not be an another full series of FMA, more so I believe that there is a higher chance of a second movie being released. But then again this really has to do with how the movie ends.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I'm saying. Another new series as in another project that's non FMA. I'm not refering to another new season of FMA, but the team can work on something differenet yet similar.

FMA was planed for a 52 episode release, instead it was 51 and the 52 episode became a movie. Series with multiple movies are ones that release as the series is being release, plus they're extremely long. DBZ, One Piece, Inuyasha all have movies release while the series was release. Once a series ended with a movie, without any more new episode to continue the fanbase, the chances of another movie coming out is less likely. Maybe OAV.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quote
Just so long as FUNimation gets the movie, I won't complain. But I think they will, because the contract states they have the rights to everything "Fullmetal".
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:

Perhaps you misunderstood what I'm saying. Another new series as in another project that's non FMA. I'm not refering to another new season of FMA, but the team can work on something differenet yet similar.

FMA was planed for a 52 episode release, instead it was 51 and the 52 episode became a movie. Series with multiple movies are ones that release as the series is being release, plus they're extremely long. DBZ, One Piece, Inuyasha all have movies release while the series was release. Once a series ended with a movie, without any more new episode to continue the fanbase, the chances of another movie coming out is less likely. Maybe OAV.

Hmm maybe I did read the booklet wrong then, I thought what it was saying was that the director didn't want to start work on the series before the next volume of the manga came out. Where did you hear it was originally planned 52, I have never heard of that before. Thanks for clarifing that for me darkhunter, let me ask you something do you want to see another movie (OAV) or series after the movie is finished?
MichiyoYoshiku

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I view FMA as a show made ONLY to make money so we'll see ALOT more of it I'm sure.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
ev0luti0nzer0 wrote:
Do you think F.M.A will have more than one movie? Because the series was a real hit.

Are you kidding? I'm totally on the edge of my seat for the soon-to-be FMA Live Action and FMA The Musical!
dope_house2008

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
did this movie already come out or what cause if i did i want to buy it or something but if it hasn't anyone know when its gonna get released
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Isaaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quote
MichiyoYoshiku wrote:
I view FMA as a show made ONLY to make money so we'll see ALOT more of it I'm sure.

sigh... Arguably, thats what every show basically is.

AS for future FMA, i doubt there will be much more if the series interesting ending is resolved in the movie.

MichiyoYoshiku, i'm not sure why you would think FMA is purely a marketing device. Full Metal Alchemist has no card game involved, no gimmickry designed to sell an outside product line, no "gotta catch em all" collecting mentality, and no blatent fan service. Its just a helluva great story from start to finish(?) with great character development, and powerful displays of human emotion.

And if the marketing folks believe in FMA enough to make them rich by letting hordes of people enjoy it and tell others, then they deserve every penny.

I sense you dislike FMA because its everywhere, and you didn't catch on soon enough. If you haven't watched it, watch it! You might wonder how you would have lived without it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2