• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dunka Dunka! Trigun Soundtrack Comments

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if anybody has purchased any of the Trigun Soundtracks that are out. I have only seen two imported CD's, Trigun - The First Donuts and Trigun - The Second Donuts, if anybody has purchased these, tell me what you think, and why is there two CD's for a 26 episode show. Usually all the good songs are one CD. I know somebody on these boards has bought them. Thanks.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote
I have both OSTs, though, unfortunately they're (*cough*) bootlegs Anime smile + sweatdrop. However, I can tell you that I like them a lot. Tsuneo Imahori is a great musician and I especially appreciate the rock approach to his scores. I also have Gungrave OST uno "righthead" and it sounds great too.

But as to the reason for two Trigun OSTs, why shouldn't there be that many? Most 26 episode series have at least two CDs, and heck even some series like FLCL, Angel Links, and Hellsing have two, and they're only six, thirteen, and thirteen episodes respectively.

I've listened to the first OST more than I have the second, but only because the second one is full of dialogue tracks and a few remixes, although I still suggest you get it because there are a few really good tracks around the middle and end of the CD.

And just FYI, I'm always happy to inform people that weren't aware that Imahori-san also comes from Yoko Kanno's group of musicians (he plays guitar for her), meaning they all share their access with one another. I was glad to hear a vocal piece by Raj Ramayya on the first Gungrave OST, and I wish they'd include more of their other vocal people like Steve Conte, Maaya Sakamoto, Shanti Snyder, and Ilaria Graziano in future projects.

Well, anyway, I'm just rambling now, but yes. The Trigun OSTs are excellent. Smile

Last edited by Tony K. on Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I was thinking about the Gungrave CD too. I definetly am going to get both, since I have found a site I can get them for $8 dollars a piece. I wonder why no domestic Trigun Cd's have been released.... but anyways thanks, your opinion was helpful.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
And also, if you really like Trigun's music, try checking out the Hajime no Ippo OSTs as well. I haven't seen the show myself yet, but I've heard some of the music and a few pieces are very reminiscent of Imahori-san's work in Trigun, with lots of guitar and both generic and conga drums. It's nice and upbeat.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
This topic is a little old, but I just joined here and wanted to post on this since I have both OSTs.

The second one you have to skip over a few things if you don't know Japanese, but there are a few fan sites that have translations of the dialogue tracks. And the dialogue tracks are really funny! For anyone who would rather watch Trigun in Japanese than in English, and I have a friend who does, then the dialogue tracks are a great bonus. I actually went through and translated the tracks myself, using the English translations a bit to help me out. It's amazing to see how the Japanese structure their sentences. Very different from English.

Both OSTs are a must have IMHO for anyone who loves the series.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stamp3d3 wrote:
and why is there two CD's for a 26 episode show. Usually all the good songs are one CD.

Why does Cowboy Bebop have 9 albums? I personally think thats a bit much.

No, I haven't bought the Trigun cd's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Why does Cowboy Bebop have 9 albums? I personally think thats a bit much

It's probably for the same reason that Neon Genesis: Evangelion has 16 (at least!) soundtracks. Money, money and more money. And Bebop has more songs (with vocals) than NGE does. I own the first three volumes of NGE and I think that's enough.

I'm collecting the Gungrave series right now and I'll probably buy Gungraves 2 OSTs as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1