• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dennis Leary Love Hina??

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:12 am Reply with quote
I just downloaded a music video sung by Dennis Leary dedicated to Shinobu from Love Hina. It's very strange, does anybody know of this.. or why he did it, is it even included in an episode? I was surprised when i saw it Confused
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quote
You mean this one?
qollocust

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quote
That wasn't done by Dennis Leary, just some fan that made an AMV out of his song.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote
qollocust wrote:
That wasn't done by Dennis Leary, just some fan that made an AMV out of his song.

Heh, at Otakon 2002 two people entered that song into the AMV comedy contest, this Shinobu version and another, more random video by dokidoki. Neither won.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
philg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:23 am Reply with quote
qollocust wrote:

Oh really? In the download it said the artist was Dennis Leary, I was wondering... well that clears things up a bit Wink
Tiresias

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:47 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that's because Dennis Leary was the artist behind the song that was used, the AMV itself was created by someone else. What you have just done is stumbled into the world of AMV's, anime music videos. This is where people pick a song, then edit scenes from one or many animes together to make a video. Some are truly horrible, many are good, and a select few are truly great.
philg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:
Yeah, that's because Dennis Leary was the artist behind the song that was used, the AMV itself was created by someone else. What you have just done is stumbled into the world of AMV's, anime music videos. This is where people pick a song, then edit scenes from one or many animes together to make a video. Some are truly horrible, many are good, and a select few are truly great.

Ahh that would make a lot of sense! I keep getting all these popular artists with anime series and think 'wow anime is this popular?'. Well thanks anyway! Wink
allmus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:16 am Reply with quote
i've seen afew and i have to think to myself, how do you think these things up? i watched that AMV a while ago and before seeing it i could have never have thought of the 2 matching so good, the way the video matches up, the person that did that must be good. to link that song and love hina up in that way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1