• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rurouni Kenshin Song?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterJIN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what is the song from Rurouni Kenshin, that plays when the "bad guys" are on screen...

very broad, I know but its kinda hard to explain

hope someone can help thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
Heh, I had almost the exact same question last February and didn't find the answer till this past December Laughing.

But just so you know, it's a piece of music, and not actually a song, that is if it's just instrumentals and no vocals.

Anyway, could you give me some details, like the episode number, any kinds of instruments you hear, or something?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I think I know what you are talking about. Just going through my files, I think this fit the description:

Aku no ichi Shinjirugayueni - Theme of Oniwabanshuu

Not really sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
I think I know what you are talking about. Just going through my files, I think this fit the description:

Aku no ichi Shinjirugayueni - Theme of Oniwabanshuu

Not really sure.

That could be it. At least that was the one I was looking for back then. It plays a lot during the first season and has this peculiar synthetic sounding jibberish throughout the piece.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Definitely. This song sends shivers up and down my spine. My body quakes in fear. Heh, heh. I love bad guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Definitely. This song sends shivers up and down my spine. My body quakes in fear. Heh, heh. I love bad guys.

Shivers? I didn't find that particular piece of music very fear invoking or anything myself, but to each his own Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop. While a lot of Noriyuki Asakura's music is great for the first season, the music during the Kyoto arc is part of the reason I love the series so much Anime hyper.
gracefulneptune

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I've got most of the Rurouni Kenshin songs- I think you may be thinking the Oniwabanshu Theme or possibly the "fight song for Shishio". They're both pretty dark. The offical names are The Last Wolf Suite and Warrior's Suit. Of course, there are some other ones that might fit, but they're in Japanese Kanji which I can't read.... If you'd like, contact me through MSN Messenger and we can hook up the audio so you can listen. It's [email protected]

As a side note- Tony K, you have waaaay to many posts!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quote
gracefulneptune wrote:
As a side note- Tony K, you have waaaay to many posts!

Heh, what can I say? I LUV anime (among other things Anime smile + sweatdrop).
MasterJIN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote
thanks alot guys...

Aku no ichi Shinjirugayueni - Theme of Oniwabanshuu , was the song i just downloaded it.

Thanxs again
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:53 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
slickwataris wrote:

Shivers? I didn't find that particular piece of music very fear invoking or anything myself, but to each his own Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop. While a lot of Noriyuki Asakura's music is great for the first season, the music during the Kyoto arc is part of the reason I love the series so much Anime hyper.

I was joking man Wink .
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:49 am Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
I was joking man Wink .

Ah~~ gomen, gomen Anime smallmouth. It's just that I also have a friend who's like, totally obsessed with that track, and it's annoying that he's always telling me, "get the CD, and make one for me with just that track" or something Mad. I'm glad you're not like him, then Smile.
Green Bird

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
Umm...rather than start a new thread for basically the same question, I hope no one minds if I ask it here:

I'm looking for the name of a musical piece that plays during the main menu of the DVD's during the Meiji arc. It also plays in the beginning of ep. 79 (off the top of my head), when Kenshin first encounters the Beni Aoi. Thanks!

Green Bird
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:12 am Reply with quote
Green Bird wrote:
I'm looking for the name of a musical piece that plays during the main menu of the DVD's during the Meiji arc. It also plays in the beginning of ep. 79 (off the top of my head), when Kenshin first encounters the Beni Aoi. Thanks!

"Destiny's Wheels ~Prologue To Going To Kyoto"

Track 1 of OST 2.
Green Bird

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
Thanks dude.

Green Bird
dancetokill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know any websites that i can find rurouni kenshin music? i'm looking for the one that plays when kenshin fights jinei.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2