• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Brain Powered

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mia-Of-The-Moon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I just got this manga today and I woud like to know your thaughts about it. Anime catgrin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
firegirl22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Overall I really enjoyed Brain Powered, except for the last volume, spoiler[mainly because the Americans just suddenly showed up, and really hadn't been part of the series up to then. ]

Aside from that, I really do like this series, plus You is really hot Embarassed I didn't completely understand the ending, but mostly I did.
Mia-Of-The-Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
thank you for your input. what do you think of the pet shop of horrers manga ? Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
firegirl22

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Honestly? I've never read it, but have been rather interested in it from time to time. Does it end up having much of a plot, or is it just story by story?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh, yeah. Just picked up the first two volumes at the library yesterday. Didn't get to read them though because I took out so many but maybe today or tomorrow I will...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Brain Powered didn't do a lot for me. They guys were pretty, but it was pretty standard mecha otherwise.
Pet Shop of Horrors is cool. It's an anthology title so we get usually 3 stories per issue bound together by some aspect of Count D's shop or the cop Leon. Often they are morality plays to teach a lesson as many of our horror titles, particularly the classic comic tales from the 1950's(because one can excuse the horrendous violence in the name of vengence). This isn't a bloody title, though, like Hellsing-it revolves on the stories. I believe there are only 10 volumes. There's also an OVA-3 or 4 eps, haven't watched it in a bit so I forget the exact number, but it's very good.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Oh, yeah. Just picked up the first two volumes at the library yesterday. Didn't get to read them though because I took out so many but maybe today or tomorrow I will...

So I took the time out to read it last night and I wasn't impressed. In fact, it was very confusing. It reminded me of Full Metal Panic which I'm not very fond of either. The mecha scenes all seems blurred to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tenchidragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I bought the first volume and love it.I dont even like mecha but love this manga and dieing to get the other 3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1