• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Beck manga licensed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyricaldanichan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:27 am Reply with quote
Guess it isn't Del Rey after all! I wonder how many volumes a year will TP do with Beck?

Beck manga is licensed by Tokyo Pop :O

Tokyo Pop vol 1 information-> [Please use direct URLs]/4qba6" target="_blank" class="postlink -wrap" rel="nofollow ugc">http://">[Please use direct URLs]/4qba6

Also from mangascreener.com

Sunday, Jan 23rd, 2005
Beck licensed by Tokyopop
As you can see here, Beck now appears in Tokyopop's online shop site. That means the usual: no more torrents, typing "@find beck" in the channel sets off the licensed ban script, etc. After everyone comes to grips with the fact that we won't be scanlating it anymore, you might be wondering if, like other manga I translated for Mangascreener that have been licensed, I will continue to offer text scripts on my website. The answer is no. This is not, as many people might suppose, an act of spite. It's because I am Tokyopop's official translator for Beck, and therefore I am not at liberty to disseminate them anymore (not that I would even if they didn't care). This also explains why I did not make this announcement months ago when I signed a contract with them... because they could easily terminate said contract for releasing information that was not public.

Now, before you get too blubbery, there is a more proactive side to this update, as far as MS activities are concerned. My original plan was that all of these things would be available for release on the day that this news was made public, but it came a bit earlier than I expected, so instead of having it available, I'm simply going to tell you about it.
NetDiver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:28 am Reply with quote
Haven't been around the forums for quite some time and it's always nice to see good news. Beck is a manga I've always wanted to read, but newer got the chance. Maybe this is mine Smile. I think Beck at 21 volumes in Japan at the moment and is still running. Maybe 4-6 volumes per year is decent pace for such well established manga to be released by Tokyopop. Anyhow, good news!
Samurai_Kenshin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Considering they got the guy at mangascreener to do the translations, it shouldn't take them long at all. He translated up through volume 17 (I'm pretty sure) the last time I checked. It is an awesome manga that I will definitely pick up as soon as it's released.

Now someone has to pick up the rights to Blame!, and that will complete my happiness.
grunge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Samurai_Kenshin wrote:

Now someone has to pick up the rights to Blame!, and that will complete my happiness.

Can't say anything official... but keep a look out~! Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1