• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Would you consider Halloween to be manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:58 am Reply with quote
Today i was at my local comic store (Empire Toys) and they [/i]only sell manga, there is no Catwoman or Phantom, it's all just Escaflowne and a whole lot of manga. Anyway, i saw they had a whole rack of Halloween comic books, they sort of look japanese but I have a feeling they're not... they also look kind of creepy but cool. Does anybody know what I'm talking about and do you know if it is original japanese manga just a different style?
Cloe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:09 am Reply with quote
The only Halloween-related pseudo manga I know of is this, but it's not supposed to be out on shelves until next October...

Did you happen to see which company published the comic? Was is Tokyopop, DC, Vertigo, etc? What was the artist's name? Was it by one person or several? Was it in color or black and white? You can often tell whether a comic is Japanese or not (not always, though) by these factors. Next time you go out to Empire Toys, try looking for all of those things.

Hope that helps!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1