• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Limited (wanna stab myself in eye) Edition Releases

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamiboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:00 pm Reply with quote
As much as I enjoy my most beloved hobby there is one aspect of it that makes me want to buy a rifle and climb a clock tower. I think you all (don’t) know what I am talking about. Yes, the loathsome Limited Edition anime releases of boxed sets or first volumes with extras. I have an anime shopping-list longer than Santa’s and instead of buying the titles that I want the most every month I find myself forced to prioritise the LE releases because I fear that if I wait I wont be able to find them later. I rather only use Ebay in case of emergencies and since I live in Europe my anime shopping sources are rather limited.

That in itself would be fine and dandy but as I have found out these so called Limited Edition releases are not always labelled as being limited, leading one to think that they are safe until they suddenly disappear. When I look at the items in the wish list of my favourite online dealer I see very few with the words Limited Edition in their titles. But there are plenty of perfect, complete or collector’s editions and some of those are actually Limited Edition releases.

I was thinking this could be a thread to list all the currently available releases that are in danger of going extinct some time in the future so the people who want them can get a warning beforehand. You could also just voice your discontent over the whole LE phenomenon in anime but it wouldn’t accomplish much unless you also send copy to the ones making them.

Anywaste, I recently discovered that the following titles are actually LE and will disappear soon:

Zeta Gundam Set
Giant Robo V.1 With Box
Witch Hunter Robin Complete Collection
Geneshaft Complete Collection
Love Hina Complete Collection
S-Cry-Ed Complete Collection
Banner of the Stars Complete Collection
Ghost In The Shell: SAC The Limited Edition Volumes (That one is pretty obvious)
Fullmetal Alchemist Starter Set (Not released yet actually)
R.O.D: TV V.1 With Collector's Box
Samurai Champloo V.1 With Collector's Box

And countless more that will leave me broke for months to come.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1