• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Loss of Sailor Moon on UK TV

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondephoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:25 am Reply with quote
ever since sailor moon was cancelled on fox kids(uk TV) in 2003 im lost as it never showed the end of Sailor Moon R! i no what happened as I've looked on nearly every website possible to find out but i rely think it should be brought back!!

I've also heard mixed reviews about the live version but after seeing a few minutes from it, it seems reli good

can neone help with my loss?
Taruto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote
They finally took it off over here? odd.

Hm.. best thing I can advise you to do is to buy the region 1 dvds online at somewhere like Amazon, really. Do you have a multiregion dvd, if any? That really helps when they don't show the end of series channels have aired.
Otherwise, can't really help. Sorry Anime smile + sweatdrop
JackBassV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
If you're talking about the really crappy dub version, you can buy that in the UK (MVM). Don't think R is out yet, but will be soon.

I'd advise you to try and get hold of ADV's Special Editions.

The complete first and second series, uncut, in japanese with subs. The sound quality is poor, but at least you get all the episodes.

Okay, one episode is missing from R, but that was a filler for which ADV couldn't get permission to include on the DVD.

JBV^_^
cyrax777

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote
JackBassV wrote:

Okay, one episode is missing from R, but that was a filler for which ADV couldn't get permission to include on the DVD.
having seen the ep in question your not missing much.

Of course for the sake of compleation I wish it was on the dvd set but oh well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
blondephoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:27 am Reply with quote
if it stilll on here im havin major problems findin it!! im jst waitin on the order for them coming but it takin ages!!
Kaolin_Yatsura

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
All I have to say is that in the states Sailor Moon has been off the air for about four years now so all moonies weep with you and then stop feeling sorry for you. Besides ending of the R season....well that's easy to sum up.

Spoiler: Well lets see Chibi-Usa stops being bad and the bas guy dies.....there typical Sailor Moon series ending....
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quote
blondephoenix wrote:
if it stilll on here im havin major problems findin it!! im jst waitin on the order for them coming but it takin ages!!
No one is transmitting SM in the UK. Not even anyone on the Sky Digibox. But you can rent the dubbed series from Lovefilm.com, or get the uncut subs from ADVfilms.co.uk, or import them from the US from maybe Amazon. or UP1.co.uk.
Hope this is useful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1