• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GENEON AND BANDAI DVD COLLECTIONS

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote
HELLO AGAIN!, MY FRIENDS I HAVE NEWS:

THE OTAKUS EXPEND MONEY IN A CASE WITH ONE DVD AND 6 DVD ON THE WAY...THE FINAL COST OF THE ONE ANIME DVD COLLECTION ARE $170...INCLUDED PREORDERS...

BUT! IF YOU SEE THE WAY OF THE GENEON´S MARKET WORKS, THEY PUT A COMPLETE LIMITED COLLECTION OF TEXHNOLYZE AND GUNGRAVE... THEN IF YOU KNOW WAIT...YOU CAN SAVE A LOT OF MONEY...

SEE THE PRICE IN THE RIGHT STUF FOR THE COMPLETE LAST EXILE COLLECTION, YOU SAVE $90...$15 FOR DVD AND MORE WITH THE FREE STATUE, THE CASE, A MOUSE PAD AND 13 RANGE MURATA POSTCARDS.

IF YOU WAIT... BANDAI´S PUT THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF WOLF´S RAIN, AND THE FIRST CASE WITH DVD 1 REDUCE THE PRICE AT $25!!!!

FINALY EVERYONE BUY THE EVANGELION PLATINUM, BUT MAYBE ADV´S PUT THE EVANGELION HIGH DEFINITION THE NEXT YEAR!!!

---------------------------------------

Last edited by BRUSCO on Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quote
1. You don't need to shout, get rid of the upper case

2. Of course companies release box sets of series at some point after the end of the series release. Usually, more popular series would get these first. This is no big secret

3. Evangelion is a slightly higher budget show in a world of low budget shows. It's fullscreen, not exactly "amazingly" animated, and doesn't need HD.
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Thats right...but every product need renovated again and again, like the Cowboy Bebop remastered in 7 dvd´s with 5.1 japan DTS, (already in japan) that come the next year!, I can see...

Series like Kaleido Star and Weeding Peach, are anime to see and don´t for collect, you will see the future 2 disc sets like saiyuki.
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Thats right...but every product need renovated again and again, like the Cowboy Bebop remastered in 7 dvd´s with 5.1 japan DTS, (already in japan) that come the next year!, I can see...

Series like Kaleido Star (3 seasons) and Weeding Peach (2 seasons), are anime to see and don´t for collect, you will see the future 2 disc sets like saiyuki.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
BRUSCO wrote:

Series like Kaleido Star and Weeding Peach, are anime to see and don´t for collect, you will see the future 2 disc sets like saiyuki.

Actually, the Bebop "remaster" uses the same crappy LD source that all other DVDs are currently using. Also, it's just a plain 5.1 mix, not DTS.

And second of all... duh.
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
OR THE WORK FOR REMASTERED VHS´S EVANGELION SERIES...

MY INTENTION IS ONLY TALK ABOUT THE BIG MONEY THEY WE ARE EXPENDING, THE ANIME IS FOR FANS AND YOU CAN SEE THE HIGHER PRICES OF THE LIMITED WAY TO SELL DVD´S.

TELL PEOPLE WHO WANT BUY SOMETHING READY (LIKE CHAMPLOO)...CAN WAIT...AND NO SEE TOMORROW THEN THE LAST EXILE COLLECTION FOR EXAMPLE ARE MORE SHEAP NOW THAN THE LAST YEAR...LIKE SAIYUKI THIS YEAR.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
STOP. SHOUTING.

I'd rather not wait,. Hey, there you go, certian series are ones I'd like to watch "now", so I buy them "now". ok? As I said, everyone knows that ANime companies release boxsets furhter along the road. Jesus.
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
THAT IS OK.

IN MY CASE I LOOK THE ANIME IN MY PC FIRST, I USE BITTORRENT OR EMULE AND I SEE IF SOME ANIME LIKE ME OR NOT TO BUY IN DVD.

I SAW VIEWTIFUL JOE ANIME SERIES AND THE PLOT IS NOT VERY GOOD BUT THE ARTWORK IS MY FAVORITE.
wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Some, people like yourself, BRUSCO, are very concerned with finding inexpensive ways to get anime series they want. I would not recommend hoarding a lot of anime on your PC instead of buying dvds. You should always buy legitimate dvds whenever you can, and take advantage of the inexpensive boxsets you're so excited about Smile .

As you mentioned, waiting several months (or years, as the case may be) after the individual discs are released is a good way to go if you have to be thrifty. Rightstuf often has bundles where you can buy a whole series for a discounted price. And there are the inexpensive boxsets or bricks that almost all of the major companies release after a series finishes its initial release.

I can understand your enthusiasm (who doesn't like to save money!) But as Steventheeunuch said, most anime fans are aware that if they wait it out; pretty much everything that is new will be re-released or available at a cheaper price later on, especially once the excitement over it has worn off. Its become common that almost everything that comes out nowadays will have a complete boxset at some point in the future.

Personally, I'm with Steve. I'm very impatient and I like to get my dvds as they come out even though I'm fully aware that they are going to be cheaper at some later point. I always kick myself for missing the bargains, but I know I don't have it in me to wait for the inevitable boxset, ah well... Rolling Eyes .
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
GREAT FOR YOU; AFTER THE NEXT CRHISTMAS I BUY THE COMPLETE CHAMPLOO OR WOLFS RAIN FOR $120 AND NO SEPARATELI.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
BRUSCO wrote:
GREAT FOR YOU; AFTER THE NEXT CRHISTMAS I BUY THE COMPLETE CHAMPLOO OR WOLFS RAIN FOR $120 AND NO SEPARATELI.

What's the purpose of this post? Everyone know that the boxset are cheaper, and some people choose to hold out and get the boxset. It's not like it's something to brag about.

People who buy single dvd now, want to see the dvd now. Plus you get get the DVD at around 18 to 20 buck at DDD so it's not that bad.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote
NO SHOUTING
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
IS NOT A BAD THING BUY ONE BY ONE, OR CHANGE THE DVD CASES FOR THINPAK. THE TRULY IS YOU CAN EXPEND LITTLE AND YOU CAN BUY A FEW MORE TITLES.

NOTICE OF THE LAST MINUTE: THE GENEON COMPANY PRETEND MAKE BETTER COLLECTIONS, THEY SECRETALY PLANED MAKE THINKPAK DVD COLLECTIONS WHEN THE WAR OF THE NEW FORMATS COME OUT.

LIKE LUPIN, SAKURA CARDCAPTORS.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't know where you got your information about CCS coming to thinpak DVD collections. While I'd be all for it, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm assuming that English for you is a second language based on you grammar, but I hope you continue to improve - and on a friendlier note, TURN OFF THE CAPS!

Quote:
2) This forum is an English-language forum. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post.

[Edit - Sorry guys, this has to be locked. Multiple people have tried to stop the All-caps, but it isn't working. -b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1