• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Petshop of Horrors

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I love this manga and I know there are a lot of followers. What do you guys think about this manga?
CliffSaos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:22 am Reply with quote
Is better than the anime, and more beautiful too.
But I don't read at all.
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I really, really enjoyed this title. I'd heard about it, that it had an anime, but didn't know about the manga for a while. However, it was suprising that it was so good! It's composed of "short stories" that have to do with strange pets and the same cast, of course. Some think that it has the potential to be yaoi, but it's good the way it is. It has a philosophical feel to it, and a mass of great quotes. The art is elegant, and the story funny sometimes, so go and read it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I looooove Petshop! The stories are entertaining, the characters are amusing, and the art is just beautiful.. all the designs for the pets are so cool. I haven't finished the series yet (still have one or two books to go), but I'll be sad when it's over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that in Pet Shop of Horrors Volume 10 there is a small panel on the side that takes up the entire vertical space, like a rectangle. It is the picture of a gate in Chinatown, yet the Chinese characters are backwards. Cound this be not 100% "100% Authentic Manga"? It appears to be flipped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1