• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Burst angel

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
demon_kinsin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:02 am Reply with quote
According to animerica Burst angel Has just been licenced by Funimation. I want to get this series just from that one shot iv'e seen an it sounds good in the encylopedia.
sean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quote
It was originally called bakuretsu tenshi but was changed into Burst Angel for its American release. The series is pretty good, not a whole lot of depth to it though. It's more of a show you watch without expecting an extreme amount of character or plot development.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I've heard there's a lot of fan service in this series, but I've also heard it has its fair share of action. Which is it?
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Keep in mind, they said that Cartoon Network is the broadcaster. I don't remember it being shown at all, or any plans of it being shown in the future.
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I've seen like the first three episodes of the series, and while it does have fanservice, it did not seem like it was an overwhelming amount or anything.

The action scenes were pretty neat, but if you want futuristic action scenes I say stick with Ghost In the Shell:standalone complex. That series has more bang for its buck. Besides, Gunslinger girl recently got licenesed, and that series has awesome action scenes..and shocking things that happen in it.

~LoneWolf
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I just looked over it in the Encyclopedia and it looks pretty good. Like you said, just that one shot makes me want to watch it. Here is a thread that discusses Burst Angel.

http://animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8205
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
demon_kinsin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Annie_Jr wrote:
Keep in mind, they said that Cartoon Network is the broadcaster. I don't remember it being shown at all, or any plans of it being shown in the future.

They did? Where?
ganzo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
um yea its a quite amazing show. And thats partly due to a big budget production. Those cg graphic of the big machines do seem to be better than other cg that I experienced, but still unpleasant at some scenes.

Pretty much very simple story of girls defeating the bad guys with high tech stuff, fast paced and packed with good action. The main girl is man like, so she is lesbian right?

What I can't believe is how diversified the story of each episode is. I mean, one time they are in school, another its concerning a wrestling match, then it went on to a chinese boat, and then they went on to deal with a robotic crow.

I was going to say that the show was good at start but got loose in second half of the show, but I guess thats not completely accurate, so lets just say the story got choppy as the show progress.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1