• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When does Mezzo come out

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvgood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quote
I recently bought a Newtype magazine, when I watched the previews trailers I noticed Mezzo a anime series that I would like to get my hands on. Unfortunately I don't have the slightest clue on when the US launch date is or if it's already out.

Last edited by tvgood on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
ganzo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:04 am Reply with quote
tvgood wrote:
I recently bought a Newtype magazine, when i watched the previews trailors i noticed Mezzo a anime series that i would like to get my hands on. unfortunatly i don't have the slitest clue on when the US launch date is or if it's already out.

Mezzo origninate from ova mezzo forte that was released in 1998/2001/2004, and mezzo is the follow up series and was aired in early 2004 and finished its dvd release last year in jp, and start release dvd in US late last year, you can get this info all in ANN. Its a ok series but didn't live up to mezzo forte.
kraid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
You can also check out more Mezzo info right here on this site in the encyclopedia.
logboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
the first two (of three) volume for Mezzo are out now in the USA, the third (and final) is due february 8th. its a fairly easy to watch and brightly coloured show, some superb episodes and some just pretty good... if you like "mezzo forte" or "kite" then you will enjoy it to some extent, though its not as violent or sexy...
ganzo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Its quite descent show, but when comparing to ova it did lack somthing. I find it funny and touching rather dangerous, but they are doing some dangerous stuff. At first I didn't like that police guy, but as the show progress, I did find I like the police guy better the than other two. Some episodes do refer back to ova and reveal more about the three characters, which is a good thing, but ova is needed for a better understanding.

Somehow I felt its like a happy and less violent version of "kite", but I'm sure its because they come from the same diector.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1