• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Transformers Galaxy Force

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Just saw some clips from the first episode and it looks great. I wonder if it is related to Beast Wars since the word "spark" was spoken and Galaxy Convoy's face in his regular mode looks alot like Optimus Primal's. The coolest part was when Galaxy Convoy goes into super mode he has his guns swung around to his waist like the VSBR's Gundam F91 has. Cool
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I still say the new minicon team is meant to represent the various Primes and Primals. The truck (Bumper?) has a very "Prime" looking head minus a face plate, the race car (Brit?) has a very "Primal" looking head, except green. It's hard to get a good look at the copter's (Hop?) face to really tell if he's modeled on anyone, Rodimus maybe?

As for Convoy having a mouth, it's a compromise. In Superlink/Energon Hasbro wanted to go back to giving Prime a mouth like Primal had, they even used an art display showing Prime with a mouth at consumer shows and their initial release of Prime did have a mouth (later switched to a show accurate faceplate. Takara on the other hand had no intentions of giving Convoy a mouth and only had a face plate version of the toy and made the show version feature a face plate. With Galaxy force they found a way to make both sides happy, in his normal mode he gets a mouth, and in his super mode gets a face plate.

BTW, for those curious, a certain Transformers fansub group should be getting Galaxy Force rolling soon!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Recently ordered GC-01 Galaxy Convoy and GD-01 Master Megatron. If anything, this series allows for a very kickass line of toys.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... I wonder, should they start airing the original transformers on amercian television again to expose a new generation of kids to the series. This should generate more revenue money for merchandising for Rhino video and Hasbro Toys.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Recently ordered GC-01 Galaxy Convoy and GD-01 Master Megatron. If anything, this series allows for a very kickass line of toys.

Very true, this is turning out to be a really great toy line. The chip feature seems to be much less intrusive to the toy designs than Powerlinking/Superlinking together in Energon/Superlink or even the Minicon feature in Armada/Micron Legend.

However, I'm holding out to see what Hasbro has to show at Toy Fair in February before I decide to go with Takara. I'm hoping their Starscream is more show accurate than the Takara version.

kusanagi-sama wrote:
Hmm... I wonder, should they start airing the original transformers on amercian television again to expose a new generation of kids to the series. This should generate more revenue money for merchandising for Rhino video and Hasbro Toys.

As much as I would love to see G1 make a full on comeback, Hasbro is kinda funny about things like that. They keep saying that they're done with G1 and have moved on, but with comics, DVDs, reissues, and 20th Ann. Prime it's kinda hard to take them seriously.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1