• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is This Ebayer Trying to Scam Me?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
OK this is another shout out for some help.

I just bought all 7 volumes of NOIR, the licensed American release still shrink wrapped and everything but without the art box. The guy emailed me after the purchase saying he would ship them W/ the Art Box included if i sent him another 30$ over paypal. I highly doubt an art box is worth that much by itself but I thought i would ask all of you so as NOT to pass up a possible good deal.

Thanks for the help again Very Happy

---AGH posted this in wrong section HAHA---
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Maybe you should retitle to let everyone know you're talking about the anime. Anyways, 30 buck for a box is too much. Most LE artbox (ones that comes with volume 1) are like 25 dollar shiipped on Deep Discount DVD. I believe Right stuff had the "artbox only" for like 10 dollars a while back. Not worth the 30 dollar, or at least get the first 1 volume and extra LE item with it.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't think he's trying to scam you but to make some money off the situation. If he paid the full $15 plus some shipping for the box, then reselling it for $30 isn't that bad.

I've realized that boxes are overhyped. You can't see but one side of the box when it's sitting your shelf. Most people buy the box and store it on their shelf with the discs showing, not seeing the pictures at all.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
molloaggie wrote:
I don't think he's trying to scam you but to make some money off the situation. If he paid the full $15 plus some shipping for the box, then reselling it for $30 isn't that bad.

I've realized that boxes are overhyped. You can't see but one side of the box when it's sitting your shelf. Most people buy the box and store it on their shelf with the discs showing, not seeing the pictures at all.

I think it's mainly to keep all the disc/books together. If you lend someone your entire series, it's better to let them borrow a box rather then having them bring 7 or 8 dvd home.
molloaggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
molloaggie wrote:

I think it's mainly to keep all the disc/books together. If you lend someone your entire series, it's better to let them borrow a box rather then having them bring 7 or 8 dvd home.

WoW!! You're so much braver than me. I would never loan more than 1 or 2 discs out at a time.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Hm.. what's the name of the seller? I know of one seller in particular that might sell the whole series, but if it's who I think it is, he may also sell bootlegs, though he is starting to sell legit stuff too (I used to by from him till I found out what bootlegs were Anime cry, nice guy, but you know.. bootlegs).

Anyway, you're 7 volume set sounds real and the $30 for the box is not crazy, depending of course on whether it's the ADV box with the T-shirt or the metallic Paul Champagne box, which actually does cost $30.

Though on his site, it says ADV told him to stop making these, so maybe the seller you're buying from happens to have a rare one left over?

Last edited by Tony K. on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
p8nt junky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Hrmm that box looks nice . . . i'll have to email the guy and ask about the specifics.

Thanks Tony
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1