• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amateur Voice Acting

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Alan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:47 am Reply with quote
^^'' I'm not sure if this violates rule 10 of "teh rules" or not, and in case it does, I'm extremely sorry, and I have no problem at all with this post being deleted and accepting whatever punishment is given.

Now, many people have complained about the dubbed voices, right? This certainly isn't anything new. Ever thought to yourself, "I could do that voice better!" Well, now's your chance! Sorta. ^^

The Amateur Voice Acting (AVA) community is devoted to people on the internet, mixing, producing, and voicing in their own original, or fan-based productions. Whether its Inu Yasha, Harry Potter, Bleach!, Fruits Basket, of course Gundam, or a completely original story, there are people out there who love to do this. Many here have aspirations to go professional (myself included) and while there is NO PAY, this is still a very fun hobby that can improve upon your acting skills my leaps and bounds.

No gurantees of anything of course, people audition, or get scouted for various projects, reputations get made in this small corner of the universe. ^^ I pride myself, and can be supported by other's, on my Heero Yuy reputation, and my Sai Fujiwareano (Hikaru no Go) for example.

The following links are GREAT places to go.

FLAVA: www.voiceacting.org
VAA: www.voiceacting.co.uk
VAC: http://www.illuminatedvisions.net/phpBB2/

Again, I apologise if this post violated any rules. ^^ I hope to see new members come! My name on these forums, and the AVA World in general, is "Matt Alan". I'm more than willing to help anyone out who is interested. My AIM and email are also listed in my profile.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote
Hey Matt Anime smile
I'm over at VAA too. I just kinda dabble in the amateur voice acting thing since I don't get a lot of quiet spare time to record lines and whatnot. But it's a lot of fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1