• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you like about Japanese musicians and their music?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goddess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I've always been a huge fan of Japanese musicians and their music. Anime smile I feel that in some ways, their music has a unique sound, and not to mention its own identity. I've never seen any of them try to be like someone else. Although I or other people, may not be able to translate the words, the music still rocks! Very Happy You can just pop in the CD, chill, and/or have a Jam Session with your friends. (even if it's in another language Wink )
UberTai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm crazy about Utada Hikaru's music right now. I love the sound of her voice, and the fact that she writes her own material really speaks out to say that not all beautiful women in music are handed words and a tune to sing to. Not to mention most of her songs are very pretty themselves, and easy to listen to.

I don't tend to listen to J-pop with my friends, but I know a few friends who do listen to Japanese music. People who like Hamasaki Ayumi, BoA (whom is my second favorite Asian artist, Korean and Japanese), etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:17 am Reply with quote
goddess wrote:
I feel that in some ways, their music has a unique sound, and not to mention its own identity. I've never seen any of them try to be like someone else.

I've always noticed the similarity between j-rock and 80's music...and I see many similarities to some japanese musicians and their appearance to micheal jackson...

However, I do enjoy some japanese music, but the sound they produce is very similar to various American, Canadian, and European bands that I also enjoy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1