• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime on Malcolm

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:41 pm Reply with quote
In Malcolm in the Middle's opening, they have two brief anime scenes, one where there is a dark-haired guy smiling evilly. Since I do know Malcolm in the Middle is an old show (although I have barely begun to watch it) and it may have been discussed, I was wondering what it was...

What is the title?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
If memory serves me correctly, it's a clip from Nazca

Last edited by CorneredAngel on Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I think originally, Nazca was to have been Malcolm's favourite show, but anime never really came up as a plot device in the actual episodes, as far as I can remember, though it took me a long time to warm to the show, so I may have missed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Yes, no, maybe,
I don't know . . . Confused
Could you repeat the question? Very Happy
Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I remember that scene but I never knew where it was from.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:37 pm Reply with quote
The opening also had the Excelence of Execution putting the sharp-shooter on Chris Benoit.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:46 am Reply with quote
Not to mention classic scenes from "C" sci-fi monster movies.

"Life is unfair . . ."
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The opening also had the Excelence of Execution putting the sharp-shooter on Chris Benoit.

I don't really get what you're saying here. Are you using references to two different things, or just one thing in general?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:22 am Reply with quote
xjadedragon750x wrote:
Quote:

I don't really get what you're saying here. Are you using references to two different things, or just one thing in general?

Pro-wrestling reference. The opening to Malcolm in the Middle features footage of two very popular wrestlers—Bret "The Hitman" Hart (alias "The Excellence of Execution") and "The Canadian Crippler" Christ Benoit—in a match held in dedication to the memory of Bret's (at the time) recently-deceased brother, Owen Hart. The exact footage shown is the end of the match, where Bret's applying his trademark 'Sharpshooter' submission hold to Benoit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1