• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime 790

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:35 am Reply with quote
This entry seems to be covering both Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters, which were really two different series. Yu-Gi-Oh is the one based off the manga, and Duel Monsters is what we have in America. Shouldn't they be two different entries? There's seiyuu entries for both all over the page, and a dub cast for Duel Monsters. Anime dazed;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:31 am Reply with quote
Well, the first season was never brought here to the US, and Duel Monsters is the American name (at least I think so), thats why you see this:

Vintage:
1998-04-04 to 1998-10-10 (Series 1, 27 episodes)
2000-04-18 to 2004-09-29 (Series 2, 224 episodes)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:56 pm Reply with quote
It's not a first "season", it's series. Duel Monsters didn't come til two years later, which I have never heard of for a second season to take that long in anime. It almost always comes the very week after the first season ended. Besides that, there is an entirely different voice cast... That would also be very odd.

Anyway, Duel Monsters is not just the American name. It was used for the second series in Japan to show the difference. So I believe they should be two different entries, as it is not a continuation of the same thing. I'd be glad to set up and add all the information for a different entry for either one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quote
._. No interest in fixing this and seperating these two titles?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1