• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nge / Metal Gear Solid poll!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Recently (to the tune of a few months ago), I began work on an Eva cross-over with my webcomic, supposing that Misato is too drunk to notice the difference between a certain 14 year old japanese school boy and the main character of my comic, Illuminati Commandant Ichwald, and picks him up by mistake. Hi-jinks ensue, and I've got most of the plot worked out so far, but I've come to a crux. What to do with End of Evangelion.

Right now, there are two potential options, one of which involves Seele revealing themselves as the Japanese patriots and attacking NERV with a fleet of Genome soldiers and Metal Gear Rays. The other lacks any Metal Gear Solid shenanigans what-so-ever. Now, in my opinion, the MGS parody is a wee bit funnier, but not everyone is as near a Solid Snake fan as I, so I come to you, fair forum, with this question;

I'm presuming you've seen Eva here, but have you played any of the Metal Gear Solid games? And if so, what ones? This shall be a poll of some sorts, so that I can get an idea of how many people would at least recognize the gags I'd be throwing out there.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:48 pm Reply with quote
well I've seen Eva tv series and End of Eva and as for Metal Gear I've played two games of the series the oringal NES game and Metal Gear Solid 1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:51 am Reply with quote
Zeler wrote:
Recently (to the tune of a few months ago), I began work on an Eva cross-over with my webcomic, supposing that Misato is too drunk to notice the difference between a certain 14 year old japanese school boy and the main character of my comic, Illuminati Commandant Ichwald, and picks him up by mistake.

Does this Commandant then become the pilot for EVA 01? If so, then you've ignored the fact that Shinji is really the only possible pilot for EVA 01 because spoiler[the EVA units contain the souls of the pilots' mothers.] Certainly your comic is fiction and is not necessarily supposed to be realistic, but you should keep it consistent with the works that you intend to adapt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1