• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aishiteru Baby, how cute!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Okay, normally I don't watch really cute animes like this one, but I cannot help myself from watch episode after episode of this series! The little girl is adorable and the learning process Kippei is going through really makes this series fun watch because spoiler[not everyone can be perfect at raising a little girl that is just thrown your way, and the only experiences you've had with girls, are you think they are all the same!]

So how many other people here are fans of Aishiteru Baby?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I loved it Anime smile It's such a good show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I concur, and I believe whoever loves Sugar would love this series as well. They are the reason for my increased shoujo dose. Anime catgrin

In my personal obsservation, few male shounen fans will look back and rewatch those shounen series they once crazed for after reaching adulthood, but once a boy has been attracted to shoujo series he can stick with them for quite some time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The Starfall Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I love Aishiteruze Baby. I haven't finished the series yet, but I love all of it, even the myriad of filler eps. The art quality may not be all that great or consistent, but it has a charm about it that I can't resist. The OP and EP are personal favorites of mine which I often loop when I'm playing Gunbound
kainzero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I concur, and I believe whoever loves Sugar would love this series as well. They are the reason for my increased shoujo dose

Haha, I really, really, really enjoyed Sugar. I also really enjoyed Full Moon wo Sagashite, and I think both Full Moon and Aishiteruze were made under the same Manga company, Ribon.

But I didn't like this show.

Yuzuyu's character became unbelievable (or at least, way too insightful for a 5 year old) and I really didn't like Kokoro that much after a while...
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:45 am Reply with quote
Tragicly browsing 4chan killed my like of that show.

Some shows I dont want to stumble across H from Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I wish Aishiteru Baby would be licensed by a company. I want to see this show badly. Okay not that badly, but I still would like to see it. It would be perfect to balance all the action and science fiction shows that are coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rektagunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Charming. But I thought that the character designs would have been much "cuter" if they were more similar to the one in Figure 17 (Yuriko Chiba)...or maybe Yotsubato *nudges at kainzero*
Rozzer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:40 pm Reply with quote
kainzero wrote:

Yuzuyu's character became unbelievable (or at least, way too insightful for a 5 year old) and I really didn't like Kokoro that much after a while...

I agree, Kokoro was really getting on my nerves; since she rarely smiles and is always giving Kippei a hardtime... I guess it's because I know quite a few girls like that Confused
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
kainzero wrote:

I agree, Kokoro was really getting on my nerves; since she rarely smiles and is always giving Kippei a hardtime... I guess it's because I know quite a few girls like that Confused

Hmm. It's a cold-hearted bunch you are. Rolling Eyes

Let me just counter your opinions with my own:

spoiler[First, Yuzuyu being "too insightful" for a five-year-old.... You have to remember that this is a five-year-old who has been living with a dysfunctional parent. Her mother has quite clearly been too weak to fulfill the parental role.

It's not the slightest bit surprising that Yuzu-chan should have these personality traits that you find so unattractive. Moreover, they are precisely the traits that make her character so captivating - she's a "walking wounded" survivor of a bad situation.

Second, another member of the "walking wounded" - Kokoro. I've heard from a number of men that Kokoro was everything they despised about women. She is "cold and aloof", and "gives Kippei a hard time".

But don't forget that Kokoro is also a victim, a young woman alienated from her own family (and family is very important in Japanese society). She is suffering, and there is no need to blame her for not being able to see beyond her own anguish.

To sum up, Kippei - for all his playboy manners and lazy mentality, is the product of a healthy family. Kokoro and Yuzu are not, and it is a credit to all three of them that they manage to find a way to live happily - if not "happily ever after", then at least into the foreseeable future after the end of the series.]

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:04 am Reply with quote
abunai wrote:

Hmm. It's a cold-hearted bunch you are. Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't say we're a "cold hearted bunch" abunai. I'm pretty sure anyone who has watched Aishiteru ze Baby knows spoiler[Kokoro-chan has had it rough growing up without her mother, and her father who remarries and thinks she's better off by herself. It's just frustrating watching the transition Kippei has gone through since the beginning to where he is now.. Even Kokoro says in one episode, "maybe I'm too mean". I can't speak for others, but for myself I would have loved to see those two share a kiss AND still be friendly to each other afterwards.] But everyone has their own opinions, I just wanted to make a few things clear about the thoughts I posted Anime smallmouth
kainzero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:29 am Reply with quote
Quote:
yuzuyu's insightfulness

I dunno. My 5 year old cousin visited and I really don't think she could ever gain the sort of insight Yuzuyu got at age 5. The exact point I stopped watching was when
spoiler[Yuzu ran away from Kippei, thinking she was a burden. I think even grown adults nowadays have trouble even grasping the fact that they are a burden to others, (oh... the roommate stories I can tell about that) so I doubt any child could even think like so.] But after that I had this odd feeling and I just stopped watching.
as far as kokoro, i never got up to wherever you're talking about. but what i disliked was thatspoiler[she fell for Kippei like nuthin. that one scene... i just found it really hard to believe, all around.]
that doesn't necessarily mean this show is bad, just that i didn't personally like this show. different strokes for different folks, but i think it bumped into too many anime drama cliches for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1