• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
where does it air

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neonracer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:47 am Reply with quote
I am still a little new at posting and i want to get up to speed on as many animes as possible but i don't know where they air on TV. Besides going out and buying the dvds i was wondering where i could see the shows or suggestions on downloading them.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:56 am Reply with quote
Neonracer wrote:
I am still a little new at posting and i want to get up to speed on as many animes as possible but i don't know where they air on TV.

You didn't even specify where do you live. Assuming you live in US, then Adult Swim is your primary source on TV.

Neonracer wrote:
Besides going out and buying the dvds i was wondering where i could see the shows or suggestions on downloading them.

ANN is THE best place for information. Mr. Green Visit official websites of specific anime for trailers. However, no question regarding downloading anime other than legal sites such as TotalVid, where you have to pay before downloading them, just like DVD rentals. For further information regarding acquiring anime titles legally, post your questions in Retail forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I'd recommend you to Anime On TV but the site appears to be dead.
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Well if you're in USA, Adult Swim, Toonami, G4 Tech TV and if you have it, anime on demand.
theLostProphet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quote
If you have Satellite TV, Starz Action channels plays the Patlabor movies, GITS, and a series or two once in awhile. The regular Starz channel has been playing the Cowboy Bebop movie alot lately.

The Action channel is also going to start reairing Hellsing 3 eps. at a time starting friday dec 10, with an encore the following tuesday.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Of course, no matter where you are, the "kid stuff" anime (such as PokeMon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Medabots, Hamtaro and the like) will be all over the children's TV programming.

Now, I'm not suggesting these as a replacement for mature anime - but I find that they actually provide some interesting perspective on the medium, and some of them are surprisingly well-crafted.

-abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:41 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:

I wouldn't say it's dead. It has the listings for the month of December.....there just isn't much on the front page.
http://www.animeontv.com/tv.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, ANN is sure one of the best websites to gather information of something, and not just of its Encyclopedia, also for the great number of users.

However, www.animeondvd.com is also a recommendable website. It has a lot of news and reviews that you probably will find interesting. I suggest to combine both ANN an AoD, xD

Let's just assume (as Dormcat said) that you live in the US.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
emory wrote:

I wouldn't say it's dead. It has the listings for the month of December.....there just isn't much on the front page.

why is Teen Titans listed as anime?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Cassandra wrote:
emory wrote:

why is Teen Titans listed as anime?

probably because it's inspired by anime....and Puffy AmiYumi does the theme song....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Neonracer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:09 am Reply with quote
thanks alot for the info. i do live in the US and am just getting satalite tv again. but like i said im new to this site still.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1