• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hmm, GAINAX's Bushilord

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:41 pm Reply with quote
This seems to be another new anime series created by GAINAX which looks like a shounen action series. The main webpage is here, but since I have NO idea what it says, can anyone tell me what the plot is about?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quote
This does not bode well....

The "history" is about an asteroid is approaching Earth, and interception methods backfired on us, followed by the great impact (reminds you something Wink ). The Earth cools down due to large amount of dust blocking sunshine, causing a new ice age with dropped sea level. And the story begins 500 years later....

Call me a worrywart, but although it's purely fictional, the story has too many neighboring countries involved (even including US -- the third Gulf War and DARPA), I'm afraid things could get nasty over politics.

And the map is not accurate about depths of seas. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, thanks! Very Happy

I can't wait for the premiere.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote
What is DARPA? Anyway, this looks like it will be an interesting series to watch.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
What is DARPA?

You stationed in an AFB and you don't know? Shocked

DARPA wrote:
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
is the central research and development organization for the Department of Defense (DoD). It manages and directs selected basic and applied research and development projects for DoD, and pursues research and technology where risk and payoff are both very high and where success may provide dramatic advances for traditional military roles and missions.

Adapted from DARPA Home
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:
What is DARPA?

You stationed in an AFB and you don't know? Shocked

DARPA wrote:
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
is the central research and development organization for the Department of Defense (DoD). It manages and directs selected basic and applied research and development projects for DoD, and pursues research and technology where risk and payoff are both very high and where success may provide dramatic advances for traditional military roles and missions.

Adapted from DARPA Home

No, I didn't know what it was. I've only heard of it once or twice, but never any mention of what the agency does.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1