• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ororon

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoWhatgamegod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:59 am Reply with quote
to who it may concern i sugest any manga reader who likes dark/gotic type manga read the demon ororon. its mucho mucho good.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Read the first volume, wasn't impressed by it. Alot of people love it and say its touching and all, but I've seen much more touching things, and I thought the main plot wasn't that great. The concept it done much better and far more refined (writing wise and art wise) with 3x3 Eyes.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Read the first volume, wasn't impressed by it. Alot of people love it and say its touching and all, but I've seen much more touching things, and I thought the main plot wasn't that great. The concept it done much better and far more refined (writing wise and art wise) with 3x3 Eyes.

Read the rest of the series. It will grow on you by volume two. The fourth and final volume is a heartwrencher.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I just got volume 1 today, and loved it. Trying not to spend money on buying the rest of the manga right now due to money probs.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:35 am Reply with quote
3X3 Eyes is a very different story(evil Dark Horse! Can they release it any slower? Oh, yeah. It could have Seraphic Feather's release schedule.) I'd say 3X3 Eyes is more the Zenki/Ushio & Tora/InuYasha human(ok, former human)/demon team thing with Yakumo falling for Pai while Ororon heads into the love story from the start & ends(grrrrrrr. evil manga creator!!!!!) by Volume 4.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote
The Demon ororon was a great series. I didn't like the artwork at first, but it slowly grew on me. I always thought the main chick was a guy at first and was confused a lot of other character's gender. Overall though, Ororon is an interesting character and he remind me of Sanji for some reason (must be the black suit, cig and cocky attitude). Overall, it's a pretty good love story with its "tragic" moments.

Anyone else like this series?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I checked it out of the library...couldn't get halfway through it. Terrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
I checked it out of the library...couldn't get halfway through it. Terrible.

Any reason why?
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
At first, when I read the preview in TokyoPop's Sneaks 2004, I thought it was the most demented manga I'd read...then I got to Eerie Queerie, and I had to re-think the "most demented manga part" but I've forgotten why I didn't like Ororon. The art needs work, but the plot started to grow on me.
cell21

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I also found the artwork terrible at first ,but i got used to it.The story really grips you on volume 2 and the ending to the series comes to a crunch. ^^ Not bad a love story.I'd say it's a manga title which is overlooked and deserves a bit more attention.
Mei26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I guess I am the only person who liked the artwork from the beginning. It feels... different, yeah, but I think that makes it interesting.

My opinion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1