• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
are there any other King of Hell fans out there?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubbs2615

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:31 pm Reply with quote
i just wanted to know if there was any other people out ther that have read and are fans of King of Hell.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:08 am Reply with quote
I think it would be more interesting if you actually talk about King of Hell so 1) people will either get excited over the series and want to talk about it, or 2) fans will relate to what you're saying and want to talk about it.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:54 am Reply with quote
I read King of Hell, but I can't say that I am a fan. I guess I am a bit jaded of the "best swordsman ever" genre of stories. There are just too many of those that makes me think, can't these characters have something else, besides being the best with a weapon?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vaelemin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
i love king of hell. have all 7 volumes. cant wait till volume 8. that snake hand dude(think his name was baby) is my favorite character.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:52 am Reply with quote
It's funniew than the best fighter stuff. This one's dead & in the employ of the other side(so he's playing Grim Reaper) & gets no respect. Perhaps it has to do with his being sealed into the body of a teen because his adult form is too powerful, but he is silly.
I loved it in the first volume when he goes to collect a guy's soul & the guy flips him off.
I was disappointed Majeh didn't get to stay in his adult body. Poor guy. It might actually make his job easier.
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I've just barely "discovered" King of Hell, so here goes.

It was not what I expected. I thought that maybe there would be all this...killing and stuff, and maybe. I don't know.

What a pleasant surprise when I read it! The art is great, the story's great, althought I don't really get it (I started smack-dab in the middle at volume 5) and it's really funny!

A good addition to any collection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1